Pearl Harbor Keepsakes

cruise.mode

I hope this question won't come off as disrespectful. We will be visiting Pearl Harbor on our upcoming trip and would like to bring some sort of keepsake (I hate to use the term "souvenir") for a friend of ours who is a veteran. Is there a gift or book shop at the Memorial?

I hope this question won't come off as disrespectful. We will be visiting Pearl Harbor on our upcoming trip and would like to bring some sort of keepsake (I hate to use the term "souvenir") for a friend of ours who is a veteran. Is there a gift or book shop at the Memorial?

Yes there is. You can take a look at it on line at pacifichistoricparksbookstore.org. I would imagine that the website does not include all of their merchandise. Cherie

My first time to Hawaii was arriving at sunrise on the flight deck of an aircraft carrier when it was possible to circle Ford Island before the bridge was built. I will never forget the total silence on the ship during that memorable experience & since then have learned more about the "date that will live in infamy".

It's been several years since my most recent visit to Pearl Harbor & the gift shop had a good selection of remembrances of that tragic date. For me the most meaningful memento of the sacrifices made was purchasing a flag that flew over the Arizona Memorial. They provided a certificate with the folded flag that gave the date & time that the flag flew over the Memorial. Even if it was for only a brief time it is still my treasured remembrance for those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our nation.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Astro Flyer, I recently saw an ad for flags flown over Pearl Harbor and was going to recommend them until I saw the cost. I also thought about the memories we would have when flown at our home, as a gift I don't know. Flags is a category on the website. Going at the end of the day to PH is my favorite time because most tourists are gone and there is a beautiful calm in which to remember. You, indeed, had an unforgettable experience. Cherie

Astro Flyer, I can just imagine how much that flag means to you. I would be looking for something far less precious, maybe a postcard set or a book, that kind of thing. Just a little token to let this vet know that we were thinking of him while visiting PH.

Cherie --- thanks for that website info. I will definitely take a look and get some ideas there.

Astro Flyer, I can just imagine how much that flag means to you. I would be looking for something far less precious, maybe a postcard set or a book, that kind of thing. Just a little token to let this vet know that we were thinking of him while visiting PH.

Cherie --- thanks for that website info. I will definitely take a look and get some ideas there.

Thanks Cherie for the website & I discovered that prices have nearly doubled ($40 to $75) since purchasing my 3'x5' folded flag in early 2003 that flew over the Arizona Memorial on December 7, 2002.

The flag is very meaningful to me & like the flag placed over my WWII Army Air Corp veteran Dad's casket both flags remain folded in glass covered wooden display cases.

Edited by Astro Flyer