Just off Elation and Dream...Any questions?

Wheels87

We're there plenty of deck chairs by the waterslide? I know that is where my son will want to stay most of the time

Yes. We didn't seem to have any trouble finding a place to sit. There are always people coming and going in that area, so if you are patient, you will find a chair.

Enjoy!

Brad

What shows are currently on the Elation?

The Elation now features the new Playlist Production shows. The first one was called "Epic Rock" and I cannot for the life of me remember the name of the other one. Both were outstanding and we really enjoyed them. There were 8 singers/dancers (four male and four female) all of whom could sing quite well. I have seen a lot of cruise ship shows and I really thought they did a good job.

The Elation now features the new Playlist Production shows. The first one was called "Epic Rock" and I cannot for the life of me remember the name of the other one. Both were outstanding and we really enjoyed them. There were 8 singers/dancers (four male and four female) all of whom could sing quite well. I have seen a lot of cruise ship shows and I really thought they did a good job.

Does it have hasboro yet?

What was your itinerary on the Dream? Do you still have the Fun Times?

Our trip was to Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. I'm sorry, but I did not save the Fun Times. Do you have a particular question about it that I could possibly answer?

No problem! Nothing in particular, just getting excited about our cruise next month! We have the same itinerary. What did you do in Grand Cayman. Do you happen to remember what the dive in movies were? Thanks!!

No problem! Nothing in particular, just getting excited about our cruise next month! We have the same itinerary. What did you do in Grand Cayman. Do you happen to remember what the dive in movies were? Thanks!!

In Grand Cayman, we did our favorite excursion...the Sea Trek helmet dive. Then we took a taxi to seven mile beach for the day. The helmet dive is spectacular!

They did show The Avengers, Age of Ultron one night. They seemed to have different themes.

Have a great time!

Just left the Dream today. We had a cove balcony (2412) and were extremely abruptly awoken at 4am each morning by huge crashes and screeching sounds as we were below the galley. Carnival compensated us for that. Sea days were busy but manageable. Surprised that the pools were so small and limited for a ship that size. Embarkation and disembarkation were busy but efficient. No issues there. Overall we had a great time. Food was great. Room was great minus the half hour of noise in the morning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1) Did you stay in a hotel before/between/or after the cruises? We found a Crowne Plaza in the French Quarter. Is that a good place to be? What should be seen in the city?

2) Is the embarkation/debarkation a mess? I've heard different stories.

3) When you are sailing down the Mississippi, does your cell phone still connect to local service (no charge), or the ship's?

4) In Progreso, did you do an excursion? Which one did you do?

5) Is there a problem with long lines or no chairs on Elation?

Thank you so much in advance :D

Just returned today from the Dream. We stayed at the Crowne Plaza 3 nights before sailing. It is a great location. We walked out the door and were on Bourbon Street. The whole area is very busy, as is the hotel...very, very bustling! The trolley tracks were being repaired on Canal Street and trolleys are not running there, right now, so we hopped on the bus right outside the hotel to take it around the city. We got an all-day bus pass from the bus driver for $3 and you can use it for both bus & trolley. The bus was much more comfortable with air-conditioning....the trolleys are not. It was 99 degrees and 100% humidity...miserable! We visited Jackson Park (St. Louis Cathedral), French Market, Decatur Street (yummy beignets at Café DeMonde), ate Muffuletta sandwiches at Central Grocery where they originated, rode the bus through the Garden District but decided not to get off...too hot....and the WW II museum. There are many, many shops in the French Quarter to keep you busy for hours. We ate dinner on Bourbon St every eve....but what a crazy place it is...LOL One restaurant we enjoyed was the NOLA Cookery...not far from the CP on Bourbon St. It was just SO hot to be outside shopping for hours. There are also mini-malls here and there.

Embarkation....We arrived at 11:30 and walked right on! It was amazing...and we didn't have FTTF. Rooms were ready at 1:30. It is NOT 2 minutes to the port....more like 15-20 with traffic. Taxi fare was $7/per person.

Debarkation today was very slow...probably the worst we have experienced. We were last group off the ship since we had a late flight...It was organized but long slow moving lines. We left the lido deck at 9:45 am....and finally in a taxi to the airport at 10:45.

Cell-phone....they worked normally until around Midnite.

Hope this info helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of Internet plans...anyone expecting elation to have the $100 plan with video streaming and iMessage...they don't have it. They do have the new plans up to the $70 plan and it is nice not being totally cut off from civilization. It's a huge upgrade over what they had last year. The $70 plan is about like 3G.

Message sent from pizza pirate

Edited by Saint Greg

Sailing on the Elation Sept. 14. How formal is the dress up night?

It is Carnival, formal night is never very formal. Most men will be in slacks and a polo. I think that pants are a must for men. Some really do dress up, but for the most part, formal night is no more formal than cruise casual. Formal attire is a mere suggestion.

Edited by dioxide45