Just off Elation and Dream...Any questions?

Wheels87

It also mentions additional local brews, Do youremember any specifically ?

Im praying for yuengling !

Thanks

They definitely don't have yuengling. That's my husbands favorite also even though we can't get it at home. My brother brings it for him when he visits and when we drive home from a cruise in New Orleans we always have to stop in Tenn. to buy it, LOL!

thanks so much for offering to answer questions. I will be traveling with my parents, my sister, and her husband and two young kids in 2016 (ages 3 and 4 or so). they would strongly prefer not to deal with the hassle of car seats and so want to visit Cozumel and progreso on foot. (they'll bring strollers.) ideally we'd like to go to a beach (free or pay is fine as long as it's not too pricy - under $20 is fine) that offers chairs and some shade to get out of the sun, and bathrooms. What would you suggest?

for progreso, I understand that downtown is walking distance and that there's a free beach there? is that correct, and would you think it'd be do-able walking there with the 2 young kids? and what is the beach like?

for Cozumel, we are thinking of walking to one of the hotels near puerta maya - el cid or park royal. are you familiar with either of these, know any details about what they charge/offer carnival passengers, and if it's a short walk?

Also, on elation, we are debating whether to do the flexible dinner dining plan or to sign up for the early seating. do you have any sense for which one would have quicker service and quicker lines? I've read a few places that the service between courses can be very slow.

thanks again for your help!

We were on Dream 2 weeks ago and stayed one night pre-cruise at the Hampton Inn on Carondolet (sp). We had rented a car and my son dropped me and my grand-daughter off with all the luggage and he and his wife returned the car. The traffic going to the port at about 10AM was horrendous.

It was much easier to get out of the port than into it. They dropped the car off and got back to the ship by the car rental shuttle about 10:30 and I guess there was a huge line to board, but they had FTTF so were ushered right onto the ship. I don't think they said it took more than 5 minutes from when they got out of the shuttle and were on the ship.

We stayed 2 nights post cruise at the JW Marriott which is close to the French Quarter. The cab fare was $7 per person so a total of $28 without a tip. The cab fare from the hotel to the airport was $56 for the 4 of us as the fare is per person.

Although I thought that was a lot, we still tipped the driver $24 because she picked us up at 3:30 AM as our flight left at 5:30. The doorman at the hotel arranged for her to come into the hotel to talk to us as we were checking in and she agreed to pick us up and texted my daughter-in-law to confirm.

We had a great time in NOLA and am so looking forward to being there again in October on the 2nd leg of the Dream Journeys trip.

You mentioned something I was looking for, you said you were dropped off and then your son was able to leave? Do they not require you to pay parking to enter the terminal? I ask this because we're parking at a place a couple blocks away because its half the price but we have an unseen amount of luggage and would like to drop that off at the terminal and then leave again and park at the garage a couple blocks away, so I am assuming this would be possible?

My Mother, 4 year old daughter and I will be leaving on September 28 for Cozumel. I was wondering if Seuss at Sea was on the Elation yet? I see that the activities still say coming soon. My daughter would love to see the Cat in the Hat on "the big boat"!

My Mother, 4 year old daughter and I will be leaving on September 28 for Cozumel. I was wondering if Seuss at Sea was on the Elation yet? I see that the activities still say coming soon. My daughter would love to see the Cat in the Hat on "the big boat"!

I don't think so. I never saw or heard of anything Dr. Seuss related at least. They do have Hasbro the Game show now.

Edited by Saint Greg