Select on Connie ~ do we HAVE to make reservations?

mafig

Every time we've sailed Celebrity we chose Select Dining. It's been over a year since we last cruised, and a lot has changed even in this short a period of time.

I've read some threads about having to make reservations for dinner every night. We never did this before. Do we really need to do so. We usually eat before 7 (even before 6:30 most nights).

While I have your attention:D, Is it still relatively easy to get a table for two?

What about a table for two in Traditional? (if we decide to do that so we can use some of our OBC).

Every time we've sailed Celebrity we chose Select Dining. It's been over a year since we last cruised, and a lot has changed even in this short a period of time.

I've read some threads about having to make reservations for dinner every night. We never did this before. Do we really need to do so. We usually eat before 7 (even before 6:30 most nights).

While I have your attention:D, Is it still relatively easy to get a table for two?

What about a table for two in Traditional? (if we decide to do that so we can use some of our OBC).

No reservations required. You may have to wait a few minutes (hard to say how many) until a table is available. Same with a table for two.

What's the connection between your OBC and traditional dining? :confused:

I'm guessing that since you don't have to prepay gratuities with traditional they could switch from Select and use their OBC to cover the gratuities .

Edited by jelayne

I'm guessing that since you don't have to prepay gratuities with traditional they could switch from Select and use their OBC to cover the gratuities .

Yes, that's it. It's a short cruise, we have the beverage package. Don't know if we would go to a specialty restaurant, or not. Don't intend to do excursions, since we've been to the ports many times before. Have to think of how to use some of the OBC.:)

Isn't the whole point of Select Dining to eat when and with whom you like. Why on earth would you make reservations...................surely that defeats the whole point?

We always have SD, never book and turn up when we're ready and with whoever we've arranged to dine with.................."simples" :)

When not cruising AQUA and dining in BLU, if we are traveling alone we go to Select when we are in the mood to have dinner. It really doesn't matter to us if we join others at a table as we have met some very interesting cruisers that way. However, when traveling with others on linked reservations we always make reservations for Select.