Platinum/Diamond Embarkation Photo

clhayes

It would be nice to have a photographer and (ship/year) backdrop in the VIP lounge. Often times we are expedited so quickly we bypass the embarkation photo area (depending on the terminal). Just a thought. I know I'm going to get blasted for this for some reason or another, but O'well. I sent JH an email and it may be something they consider. Diamond/Platinums...any thoughts on this? Excellent, good, whatever, ridiculous, etc.

Not Diamond or Platinum....yet. I think it would be a nice gift if they would provide a photo (free) with the ship and year as a backdrop, maybe take them during the "past guest party" or whatever it's called now.

It would be nice to have a photographer and (ship/year) backdrop in the VIP lounge. Often times we are expedited so quickly we bypass the embarkation photo area (depending on the terminal). Just a thought. I know I'm going to get blasted for this for some reason or another, but O'well. I sent JH an email and it may be something they consider. Diamond/Platinums...any thoughts on this? Excellent, good, whatever, ridiculous, etc.

Gets too crowded in the vip lounge as is and many people have to wait outside. Adding photographer would make a bad situation worse.

After about the 5th cruise I had enough of embarkation pics. Don't need anymore, don't need anymore people in that small room! Please don't do that!

Unless of course Carnival suddenly does a "brilliant" upgrade and allows all P/D onboard for check-in or has a true separate area (large waiting area/check-in area). Then the pics would be free, coffee would be hot with nice big cookies and cold beverages. Maybe a red carpet with some cold towels when arriving back from a tour.... oh ---- that was a nice dream!

Not Diamond or Platinum....yet. I think it would be a nice gift if they would provide a photo (free) with the ship and year as a backdrop, maybe take them during the "past guest party" or whatever it's called now.

Appreciate the responses. Makes sense because the VIP area lounges are as mentioned too small. But a set up at the past guest party could be tangible. A free photo (other then my camera) with a nice backdrop related to VIFP would be nice. Not enough to time to keep the crew & captain around, but a nice gift indeed. Always thinking outside the box. Thank you for your time. Safe travels.

We're Platinum and I put the embarkation photos in a separate album with our S&S cards slipped into the sleeve with them. On the facing page, I put a picture of the ship, usually offered with a "deal". I also wish they would make them the same size.

Appreciate the responses. Makes sense because the VIP area lounges are as mentioned too small. But a set up at the past guest party could be tangible. A free photo (other then my camera) with a nice backdrop related to VIFP would be nice. Not enough to time to keep the crew & captain around, but a nice gift indeed. Always thinking outside the box. Thank you for your time. Safe travels.

Carnival lately takes stuff away doesnt give much in the way of freebies.

Would think that the more people cruise the less pictures they would purchase. Now in the digital age would think sales would be down.

Carnival lately takes stuff away doesnt give much in the way of freebies.

Would think that the more people cruise the less pictures they would purchase. Now in the digital age would think sales would be down.

They put in the photo "kiosks" where you could pick the ones you wanted and then either request them as paper or have them on a CD. BUT they seemed to always be down. On Celebrity they were always working, if on CD they were cheaper (don't remember how much less) but maybe it was a package? Can't remember...

They put in the photo "kiosks" where you could pick the ones you wanted and then either request them as paper or have them on a CD. BUT they seemed to always be down. On Celebrity they were always working, if on CD they were cheaper (don't remember how much less) but maybe it was a package? Can't remember...

Last cruise in March on the Pride do not remember them having them at all.