Re-think the carpet please

LOP

I just completed reviewing the re-imagined pictures via google images mostly posted by Bonnie.

Professional photographs typically present the "best" or actually sometimes "misrepresent" the best of the subject matter offered.

In this case it is the proposed new carpets in these pictures. It is not appealing in pictures so how can it be appealing in person?

If one has to explain the thought or idea of a subject for others to grasp it, then it has lost its intention as in the case of the carpet. It has to be explained that its intent is to represent a beach, but it looks like stained/worn carpet to put it politely...at least in the "professional" photographs.

It reminds me of a part in a movie (that thing you do) where a one-hit wonder of a band tries to market their name as the "oneders" as in one-ders (wonders) and they have to explain it because everyone thinks it reads the "oh-need-ders".

...it is supposed to be a beach...got it ,still looks like stains.

Just my opinion which typically means very little.:rolleyes:

The only comment I would make is that the photos are not representative - either that or I am not as observant as I thought I was. I have seen the carpet in situ. It looked absolutely fine and I thought it was practical (it will not show up longer term stains like a plainer one would) and very attractive. It was not too busy and over patterned which jars on the eyes.

We are never happy with carpets!! Remember when the current Mosaic and dining room carpets were laid. Personally I think they are worse than the new carpets in the room and in my room I tend not to be looking at the floor, but that is just me!