Should LeBistro go Cajun ?

bryanjaync

Maybe the Bistro on 5 needs a change, besides higher prices. I would love to see a Cajun focused place onboard. Po Boys for lunch, and jambalaya, etouffe (?), and cornbread etc. for dinner.

I have 2 answers for this suggestion.

1. No. and...

2. Heck No.

I've tried several of the new Bistro menu items, and thought they were very good to excellent. Let's allow the new menu changes to settle in, and for Celebrity to see how guests respond. IMO, no need for another menu overhaul at this point.

1. No. and...

2. Heck No.

I've tried several of the new Bistro menu items, and thought they were very good to excellent. Let's allow the new menu changes to settle in, and for Celebrity to see how guests respond. IMO, no need for another menu overhaul at this point.

and 3. Are you outta your mind? (just kidding). I love Bistro just the way it is!

1. No. and...

2. Heck No.

Does anyone have a copy of the enhanced menu?

Thanks,

Pat

OP: Someone on the thread asked why the question was posted. As the OP, here's why 1) these are discussion boards, and I was sincerely interested in a discussion of my question, and 2) I was thinking of foods not generally found on ships of any line. Seems like Asian, Italian, Steakhouse, Brazilian meats, Mexican, etc are pretty well represented, but I don't know of any line that has a Cajun place.

That is my rationale for posing a question on a discussion board.

I would love to see an Asian themed restaurant. Noodle bar (ramen/udon/pad thai), sushi/sashimi, thai curries, some awesome asian salads, and bubble teas!~

Isn't a lot of this available at the buffet?

Maybe not as fancy...

I have never sailed on Solstice or Equinox, they have Silk Harvest restaurant, supposedly Asian themed. Never really hear much about it though.

Isn't a lot of this available at the buffet?

Maybe not as fancy...

I have never sailed on Solstice or Equinox, they have Silk Harvest restaurant, supposedly Asian themed. Never really hear much about it though.

True. I was thinking more authentic than the buffet.

Mexican isn't a bad idea either. I guess I am looking for a sit down place that is more ethnic. Some spice. We've got french which is pretty basic, crepes which are by no means authentic and soup and salad, paninni/soup/salad, italian steak house that's pretty basic, Q that definitely has worldly offerings but the chinese food falls short for sure. The indian and med options are quite good in Q though.

I think they need to get a little more creative with their offerings.

Maybe on their new ships!

Cajun (and Tex Mex for that matter) is too spicy. The whole trend toward spicy foods is horrible, imo, and often hides good food just behind heat.

Not TRUE CAJUN food. Seasoning to enhance the flavor but not to over power it.

All these knock off "Cajun" restaurants just ruin the reputation of true Cajun cooking.

They should keep the Bistro as is.

Not TRUE CAJUN food. Seasoning to enhance the flavor but not to over power it.

All these knock off "Cajun" restaurants just ruin the reputation of true Cajun cooking.

They should keep the Bistro as is.

Thank you for saying this about food from Louisiana. My daddy's side is all from NOLA and we don't make food spicy just to say it's spicy. It is about the flavor, not the heat. If there's a little heat, well...some things were mean to be a little bit hot! Most of the time, tho, those who want to go spicy (like my DH) have the Tabasco bottle handy.

And I agree. Haven't found a decent restaurant outside of LA that does it right. It's all about the bread, cher!

crab legs, lobster tails, stone crab claws...

wow. love the sound of that! There is no better eatin' than Cajun. But they do need to get a real Cajun chef from the Big Easy.

Lack of a proper chef at Bistro On Five have made for some of the nastiest crepes I have ever had. Would not touch those things again if they were free.