Prinsendam with 3 adults in cabin?

JWinchester

I was wondering: does anyone have experience booking a triple cabin on the Prinsendam (3 adults)? We're currently looking at a triple A or AA cabin on the Upper Promenade deck.

Some questions for those who did share with 3 adults:

1) How would you rate the space available? I have experience with a D cabin on the Dolphin deck, and on the deck plans, they seem a similar size (though there's more square feet listed for the A's).

2) It seems the triple cabins are the ones with shower-only. Does leaving out the bath mean extra space in the room? Or only in the bathroom?

3) Do the cabins use sofa beds or another variety for the third person?

4) If using sofa beds, do they make up the bed into a sofa during the day, or leave it out?

Any advice or hands-on experience you can share will be most welcome. As would any other suggestions about traveling on the Prinsendam with 3 adults.

Thank you.

JW

OK, I have no experience with the Prisendam, but just did 3 women ("of a certain age" - 63, 67, 73) in a room on the Oosterdam. Our cabin was a Signature Suite, which is supposed to be 372-384 square feet. The deck plans on the Prisendam say the A/AA rooms are 221-273 square feet. So there's certainly a size difference between the two.... Our room was quite spacious with lots of storage.

But it is REALLY going to count on the people traveling together. We were three women, two of whom need lots of "stuff" and prep time. The third is still (though 63) a bit of a no-makeup, no-fuss hippie.....So we were fine. Three less "intense" people would probably be fine in a smaller stateroom -IF you don't each need lots of bathroom time and stuff**, or lots of clothing choices for every moment, etc.

**OK, lots of stuff means: full face make-up, several different moisturizers, a curling iron, curlers, 3 brushes, two cans of mousse/style gel, your own shampoo / conditioner / body wash... (P.S. Yeah, I'm the low-maintenance hippie sister)

That said, a hanging shoe holder on a closet door helped hold random stuff. Using packing containers (zip-lock bags or a fancier version) helps corral personal stuff if you have to share shelves, etc. No one should plan on being able to leave stuff "around" out anywhere!

The sofa on the deck plan looks like it's a single sleeper. If that's so, the back cushions (and I think the arms?) are removed, and it's made up into a bed. That's where I slept. It was MUCH more comfortable than a standard pull-out sofa bed (I've always found them to have thin mattresses, lumps, springs attacking in strange places, etc.), and - without my asking - it was broken down into a sofa every morning, and put back into bed at night.

There are a lot of posts about sharing rooms - like about using the showers in the gym, etc. We never found that necessary. We showered, got out and used the desk-top mirrors (including make-up mirror) and hair-dryer.

But we didn't have modesty issues at all. That's also an issue.

Like I said, it's ALL about the make-up of your group.

But it IS do-able! We had a great time! Bring ear plugs and eye masks, just in case.

Thanks to everyone who replied. Much appreciate your opinions. I'm not particularly worried about making do with the three of us (we've done it before), and two of us are kinda neat freaks :) But I'd never considered using things like ziplock bags for keeping stuff apart in drawers, so thank you for the suggestion!

Also good to know the third bed is most likely a sofa bed that'll be folded up during the day. Makes a huge difference, I think. The cabins do seem to be on the small side for 3, though. We may have to reconsider...