What do you wish you would've brought with you on your cruise?

suzy5565

I know there was a thread regarding this some time ago, but I'm leaving in five days for the Liberty 9/30 cruise, and, since this is my FIRST cruise, am nervous that there's things past cruisers know to bring, but I won't miss 'til I get there! Any help would be appreciated. I do know about the clear shoe bag thing on the door and the clothespins! Thanks for any help...

I remembered to bring these and was so glad I did. A travel size alarm clock. Hate not being able to wake up and know what time it is.

Small first aid kit like someone else mentioned. When we were on the Spirit last week my son and hubby came down with a cold. I am so glad I had cold medicine with me along with sea sick pills, pepcid, Tyelenol, bandaids, triple anitbiotic ointment. Never know when your gonna get a blister from all that walking :)

A fold up duffle bag. You can use this to carry dirty laundry to the washing machines or extra items you bought that wont fit in the suit case.

Bring a can of air freshener and keep it in the bathroom-no ventilation!! A cloth laundry bag-and quarters to use the washer/dryer if you must. The laundry room has irons and boards. Pack some extra plastic hangers. Extra film, if you don't have digital-it's pricey on the ship. All you own meds and over the counters. A beach bag to bring on shore excursions, needle/thread and safety pins.

We could have easily overlooked these, but did take them and found them invaluable...

Nightlight (especially if you're in an interior cabin)

Quarters (for laundry)

Singles (for tips - take at least 50)

Cell phone/charger (use as watch and/or alarm clock)

Clothes steamer (Rather than shlep a garment bag, I decided to pack my tuxedo in my suitcase, so...)

A backpack or some kind of carry bag for excursions

Definitely don't forget any toiletries -- I don't know how pricey they are on board, but I know the selection isn't great -- they didn't even HAVE deoderant.

Warm clothes, even if your on a Carribean cruise.

Any kind of medicine you can think of (needed sinus pills, didnt have em)

Unless youre independently wealthy, your own liquor (pack it REALLY well)

A big cup (Big Gulp or equivalent) because the cups on the ship are for 2 year olds.

Twice as much cash as you think you will need.

Hand Sanitizer................a large one to fill your smaller one. Take the smaller one onshore, etc.

Airborne............it's great defense. I never fly without it.

This was on another thread and many people recommended an over the door shoe bag thingie for the bathroom door to hold your brush, hairspray, etc. They said the mesh type is best so you can see what's where.

Wish I'd heard of that about five cruises ago.

A positive attitude.:)

Have a grand, grand time.

If you have a balcony cabin, a bungee cord to hold the balcony door open with. Otherwise, they will not stay open.

I never thought of this but what a great idea, on our last cruise we had that darn door to contend with everytime we went outside. i willl always bring a bungee from now on

If you have a balcony cabin, a bungee cord to hold the balcony door open with. Otherwise, they will not stay open.

Boy................wish I'd have read this before our Sept/Oct 2004 cruise. We got locked out on our Oosterdam balcony as we were leaving Seattle.........glad it was then, because "everyone" was out and we were able to get help. After that (like in the middle of the night when I just wanted to watch the wake) I'd pull the drape between the door and the jamb. Wish I'd have known this trick!

THANKS!:o

My sanity. :cool: Oh, and more warm clothes cuz the ship was freeeeeezing!!!

Happy sailing,

T.

dear t,

something about your on-line name and your leaving your 'sanity' at home makes me wish you were on my cruise (10/8 glory). have a good cruise

Bill

Just returned from the Alaskan Cruise.

Definitely take a highlighter, better yet take two of three. I didn't.

A small flashlight is a good thing.

Other good things that I took and I did use.

Fanny Pack

Duct tape ( you can buy flat packages or small rolls)

Masking Tape

Scissors

Small marking Pens

Pen on a string to hang around your neck.

Fanny Pack

Folder to keep papers in

Zip lock bags. I took two of each size. S,M,L

Flashlight

Oh yeah, a fanny pack

Things I took but were supplied ( so I won't take them next time)

Shampoo

Soap

Kleenex

Just returned from the Alaskan Cruise.

Definitely take a highlighter, better yet take two of three. I didn't.

A small flashlight is a good thing.

Other good things that I took and I did use.

Fanny Pack

Duct tape ( you can buy flat packages or small rolls)

Masking Tape

Scissors

Small marking Pens

Pen on a string to hang around your neck.

Fanny Pack

Folder to keep papers in

Zip lock bags. I took two of each size. S,M,L

Flashlight

Oh yeah, a fanny pack

Things I took but were supplied ( so I won't take them next time)

Shampoo

Soap

Kleenex

First, a flat queen or king bedsheet to spread out on the beach...it takes up very little room in the luggage, sand shakes off easily, it provides lots of space for sunnin' and saves your towel for dryin' off! Second, one of those umbrella-type-folding-camp-tables will keep drinks, sunscreen and a book right at hand. Lastly, your fave bum tissue!

Archived