What do you wish you would've brought with you on your cruise?

suzy5565

Take a 6 pocket file folder. Great for pictures, daily schedules, etc.

Book/Magazines

Glade plug-In with Light (great for trips at night)

Put all your cosmetics in a clear bag. Also all of your first aid things in another clear bag. Works great if you are checked at the airport. They can see exactly what you have and you will be on your way.

Alot of great suggestions up above! I always take about 30 feet of thin cord with me, whenever I travel, cuz it comes in handy if you have to do some laundry by hand and need to hang it up to dry. You got to take a decent length because you never what or where you will have to loop it around to attach it to the various things in your room/cabin.

This is my first cruise too' date=' I had heard about the bungee, but why

Duct tape ( you can buy flat packages or small rolls)

Masking Tape

Scissors

Small marking Pens

and Why a Highlighter?

Thanks![/quote']

I'm with you and don't understand the majority of these items, but I do understand the highlighters. The highlighter (and I am considering more than one color) is to highlight the things in the daily compass that you think you want to do. Two or more colors would be so that each person in your cabin can do the same and you each know what the other is doing by the color and you each know what you, yourself wants to do by the color.:rolleyes:

Duct tape is just a good overall thing to have anytime anywhere and since you have a suitcase or two, bring some along. A must-have for the trunk of your car too.

Suppose your luggage gets torn a little bit or alot.

Maybe the twin beds come apart with too much whoopie. Tape them bed legs together!

Flushable baby wipes. The Target brand is very inexpensive. They were originally recommended to me because the on-board toilet paper is supposedly pretty harsh. As it turned out, no it wasn't Charmin, but it wasn't terrible either. But the wipes WOULD come in handy on excursions for use as towelettes, or in the event that a PUBLIC restroom IN PORT didn't have toilet paper.

I would bring............LESS CLOTHES..........we didn't use half of what we brought.....I packed extra because we drove from MA to FL and then extended our vacation in Florida after the cruise. In total we were gone for 12 days.......

I did laundry on the ship the last day at sea right after breakfast.....

dondonma

Extra Suitecase for sure had to buy one in the gift shop on the last day.

Put dirty cloths in it great for packing breakables in to. Not to many people are going to go thru dirty laundry...lol It folds up and has wheels yo ubet I am packing it next time!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I always, always pack Duct Tape. Thankfully, I now have a new use for it -- taping the bed legs together LOL

I sure wish BC had the really really large ziploc bags for packing clothes so the airport security didn't paw thru our stuff.

Thanks for the bungee cord idea. I'm off to the Caribbean in Feb and will make sure my balcony stays open.

• 4 weeks later...

you mention washing machines Are there washing machines on board Celebrity ships?

I remembered to bring these and was so glad I did. A travel size alarm clock. Hate not being able to wake up and know what time it is.

Small first aid kit like someone else mentioned. When we were on the Spirit last week my son and hubby came down with a cold. I am so glad I had cold medicine with me along with sea sick pills, pepcid, Tyelenol, bandaids, triple anitbiotic ointment. Never know when your gonna get a blister from all that walking :)

A fold up duffle bag. You can use this to carry dirty laundry to the washing machines or extra items you bought that wont fit in the suit case.

No washing machines on Celebrity. Their laundry service is very good and rather reasonable in pricing.

Celebrity you also don't need a bungee cord for the balcony doors. They open and stay that way without any problem (At least that's true on the M class, I've not saild the others )

Glad I brought a mesh laundry bag. Kept clothes from laying around and just hung it in the bathroom on the hook. Was easier then pulling out the suitcase from under the bed each day.

Personally I'm glad I over packed with lots of clothes and shoes. I felt good that I was prepared with enough to allow me choices.

For the person that says they bring their old underwear and throw it out - yuck. Quite honestly how much space does underwear really take up? Those must be some mighty large panties. I'd rather wear my new stuff and throw away the others before they become too old. I put my delicates into a ziploc back and squeeze the air out. They really pack compactly that way.

"For the person that says they bring their old underwear and throw it out - yuck. Quite honestly how much space does underwear really take up? Those must be some mighty large panties. I'd rather wear my new stuff and throw away the others before they become too old."

Yeah that is pretty disgusting! I can only imagine: stained white cotton underware full of holes!

I do like the duct tape idea. I also bring garland to hang around my cabin door. At 3:00am after more than a few drinks we need all the help we can get to find our cabin.:rolleyes: :confused:

Also, I pack all of my toiletries in ziplock bags, something ALWAYS leaks.

ziplocs are a must. order room service before you go or grab stuff at the buffet lines to take off the ship for a quick snack when in port. we also take a collapsible cooler on wheels to store stuff in, the stewards will usually fill it with ice if you ask. we keep it in the shower or bathroom. Ours folds, but usually we carry it on board full of soda and h20:) and we can take it off in port with everything we need from room service, buffet, h20, and ect. it's also a great place for souvieners or laundry (I pack my dry cleaning in gallon size ziplocs) at the end of the cruise, it can be a carry on or checked at the airport.

also a black sharpie marker. we leave notes on the mirrors with the sharpie, so we know where and what our plans are if we get seperated or the kids (16 & 18) are looking for us. we usually post a message on the mirror before we leave the room, if anyone"s plans change, we update the mirror message. it washes off with just a wet washcloth or a wet wipe if you pack those.

have fun.

Archived