Problems with dining reservations on Anthem of the Seas

Pelle

We are on MS Anthem of the Seas leaving Southampton Sept.1 2015.

We are seniors and usally go to bed early, having supper at about 6-7 PM.

We have tried to make early time reservations for The Grande but we have only got reservation times at 9.30 or 9.45 most evenings. That time the web site says that the restaurant will be closed(?)

The same problem applies to the other complimentary restaurants.

We made a late booking but I still think the situation is unacceptable.

Is there a chance we can change to earlier times on the ship?

Please tell us how to solve this problem.

A friend of mine is on this cruise, too and made reservations two weeks ago. The Grande seemed to quite full as she also did only have the choice of 9pm or later.

I reserved earlier for a cruise 4 weeks later and was able to choose almost every time I wanted.

So I think it is because it is already close to sail date and the "good times" have sold out.

Of course you can ask once onboard and I think they will be able to help you.

I have read on here that not all seats are available for booking in advance; in other words, the ship holds back places from advance booking, to accommodate guests who just want to walk up and eat whenever they want, without reserving in advance. (That was, after all, supposed to be the point of Dynamic Dining.) Not having sailed yet on Anthem (we're on the TA in October), I don't know whether this is true, but I am guessing that it is. It doesn't make sense if it's not. (It doesn't mean you won't have to wait if you go at a very popular time.)

I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Turtles06 is correct. I have sailed and there is a queue for those booked (40% of the seats are this) a queue for those in Classic, ones who didn't book but rotate around all 4 free restaurants (40% of the seats for that) and then another queue for those who didn't book at all (20% of seats reserved for them). So just show up and queue. Go straight away when it opens at 5:30pm then you will get more chance of being seated and less wait time.

But yes, only a certain amount of tables are available to be booked in advanced online. I booked my dinner reservations in November 2014 for July 2015 and got every time I wanted.