Price Protection Frustration

mcgratru

I saw a price drop for my sailing so I submitted a Price Protection form. I got a response back today that since I booked it on Early Saver I was supposed to use a different Price Protection form for Early Saver. She said she'll give me the price reduction this time ($170 off my cruise) but I will lose my $50 onboard credit. She said if I see another price drop I have to use the other form.

Is anyone else frustrated with the Price Protection form for Early Saver?

You have to submit it to get price drops. I almost always get a pretty quick, obviously computer genrated reply that says "No, please be advised that the rates available are more expensive than the rates on the booking." Which is wrong. Then you have to call or email to get them to actually check it.

Why bother with the form? Just let me call or e-mail in the first place!

This same exact thing just happened to me today and it is very frustrating. Same form letter telling me the rate was more expensive than my current booking rate.

After receiving the first denial, I resubmitted. After that denial, I emailed them directly with supporting documentation and once again it was denied. I finally had to call and got the price reduction.

I get people say "just call", but that's not the point. Why offer a service, but not have it work properly? I am an emailer and I prefer to do most things online...I don't want to call unless I absolutely have to. You offered a service on your website and it should work...plain and simple

This same exact thing just happened to me today and it is very frustrating. Same form letter telling me the rate was more expensive than my current booking rate.

After receiving the first denial, I resubmitted. After that denial, I emailed them directly with supporting documentation and once again it was denied. I finally had to call and got the price reduction.

I get people say "just call", but that's not the point. Why offer a service, but not have it work properly? I am an emailer and I prefer to do most things online...I don't want to call unless I absolutely have to. You offered a service on your website and it should work...plain and simple

Well.....guess what? The exact SAME thing happened to me too. I did email them with a pic of the rate on the Farefinder but a a few minutes ago I had my husband call them in light of what I was reading here.

They explained to him it was a "system" issue. I now have a $180 onboard credit!!! I also recommend calling them.

so when I see a lower price and my deck deck 7 is sold out ,do I still have a chance at price protection?

What was your winning argument to get the reduction?

Well.....guess what? The exact SAME thing happened to me too. I did email them with a pic of the rate on the Farefinder but a a few minutes ago I had my husband call them in light of what I was reading here.

They explained to him it was a "system" issue. I now have a $180 onboard credit!!! I also recommend calling them.

more details please

I was denied a rate reduction on a 24 hour sale because I chose to not let them pick my cabin for fear of being assigned a lower and upper bunk

Edited by glentally

Yes, I am very frustrated -- last year, I had over $1000 in price drops for our cruise in September on the Conquest. This September for the Breeze - nothing, nada, zilch. Our cabin category is sold out, and prices keep going up. I really wish I had to call them to lower my price.

Sounds like you are frustrated over the price of your cruise not going down and not the Price Protection form.

Not sure why you would want to call them about a lower price since the price is going up.

Despite the postings you see here, the price of most cruises goes up, not down as the time for the cruise gets closer.

so when I see a lower price and my deck deck 7 is sold out ,do I still have a chance at price protection?

What was your winning argument to get the reduction?

I believe there has to be the exact same category available to qualify for the price reduction. My balcony cabin on the lido deck is an 8E and there are still some available.