Royal Caribbean Introduces Royal Suite Class

LauraS

So Junior Suites are now classified as Sea Class, does this mean that they now have access to the Suite Lounge and the Coastal Kitchen, See Quote: "All suite class passengers will have exclusive access to the Coastal Kitchen restaurant, as well as Barefoot Beach, the suites-only private beach on Labadee." I know before Junior Suites did not have access to the Concierge Lounge, confirmation on this would be appreciated. Thanks

So Junior Suites are now classified as Sea Class, does this mean that they now have access to the Suite Lounge and the Coastal Kitchen, See Quote: "All suite class passengers will have exclusive access to the Coastal Kitchen restaurant, as well as Barefoot Beach, the suites-only private beach on Labadee." I know before Junior Suites did not have access to the Concierge Lounge, confirmation on this would be appreciated. Thanks

JS cabins will have access to CK for dinner only but no CL access.

Sea Class (Family connected junior suite, family suite, Jr. Suite, Spa Junior Suite)

Find in these spacious suites premium touches like upgraded linens and specialty in-room amenities, and enjoy exclusive dining privileges at Coastal Kitchen

Suite benefits include

• Specialty Bottled Water
  • Upgraded Bathroom Amenities by Hermes, Ferragamo and L'OCCITANE
  • Luxury pillowtop mattress
  • Suite restaurant (dinner only)

Edited by cruisenfever

I'm wondering where did you get that info, the quote doesn't say suite lounge, only coastal kitchen and barefoot beach...and the article clearly says only the top 2 tier have access to the suite lounge.

Wow it will be very hard to get a dinner seat in the Coastal Kitchen now, The Jr Suites get almost as much as the owner suites and Grand Suites for a much lower price. About the only thing they don't get is the Suite Lounge, but other than that the JR suites get pretty much the same. It might be worth it to down grade to a Jr Suite since you can get lunch and breakfast almost anywhere during the day. Like for my example I would be saving about 2800 dollars going from an owners suite to a jr suite and still get the coastal kitchen, and show reservations, any thoughts on this. Thanks

Wow it will be very hard to get a dinner seat in the Coastal Kitchen now, The Jr Suites get almost as much as the owner suites and Grand Suites for a much lower price. About the only thing they don't get is the Suite Lounge, but other than that the JR suites get pretty much the same. It might be worth it to down grade to a Jr Suite since you can get lunch and breakfast almost anywhere during the day. Like for my example I would be saving about 2800 dollars going from an owners suite to a jr suite and still get the coastal kitchen, and show reservations, any thoughts on this. Thanks

Here is what you would get booked in a GS/OS which is much more than you get booked in a JS which I have listed in my post above.

Suite benefits include

• Unlimited Voom high speed-internet
  • Spa Thermal Room Access
  • Specialty bottled water
  • Specialty in-suite dining
  • Welcome amenity
  • Suite Restaurant
  • Suite Lounge

Concierge services

• Priority restaurant reservations
  • VIP Theater seating and reservations
  • Access to signature activities
  • Access to Suite Sun Deck
  • Handle special requests
  • Pre-cruise communication

Edited by cruisenfever

Ok this is different, you have a lot more information that what I have seen, didn't see the unlimited Internet access or the spa thermal room access for example. Would be really nice if they would throw in a drink package. But don't you think the Coastal Kitchen will be packed, I have seen something on making reservations, where would you do that at do you know? Thanks for the information

Ok this is different, you have a lot more information that what I have seen, didn't see the unlimited Internet access or the spa thermal room access for example. Would be really nice if they would throw in a drink package. But don't you think the Coastal Kitchen will be packed, I have seen something on making reservations, where would you do that at do you know? Thanks for the information

It would depend on the time that you want to dine. Making reservations would be done on-line through your Countdown to Cruise Page under Vacation Summary and then Cruise Planner.

I'm glad to see that they are finally doing something to upgrade the suite experience, but am I just being negative, or are the different tiers and their benefits going to cause a lot of confusion?

So if you are in a lower suite, you can go to CK for dinner, but not breakfast or lunch. I would hate to be the employee that has to police this. You know there is going to be at least one cabin each cruise that is going to be confused or just want to try to get in there for another meal.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. While I've been anxiously awaiting these upgrades, I'm going to hold off booking a cruise until I see some reviews of the services. None of these perks make up for the lack of a private pool area (which both NCL and MSC have). Plus, with a few minor exceptions to the highest levels of suites, benefits are the same for all suites on NCL.

Reviews of service, price and itinerary will all come into play before we book with RCI. I'm happy to see these upgrades since I might now at least consider an RCI cruise, where as before it was not worth it for us.

I'm looking forward to reading all about these upgrades and can't wait to hear the reviews once they are implemented.

Here is what you would get booked in a GS/OS which is much more than you get booked in a JS which I have listed in my post above.

Suite benefits include

• Unlimited Voom high speed-internet
  • Spa Thermal Room Access
  • Specialty bottled water
  • Specialty in-suite dining
  • Welcome amenity
  • Suite Restaurant
  • Suite Lounge

Concierge services

• Priority restaurant reservations
  • VIP Theater seating and reservations
  • Access to signature activities
  • Access to Suite Sun Deck
  • Handle special requests
  • Pre-cruise communication

Just to be clear are you saying "free" internet on GS and above ?

It would depend on the time that you want to dine. Making reservations would be done on-line through your Countdown to Cruise Page under Vacation Summary and then Cruise Planner.

I just wanted to point out that when I was on the Oasis in May, CK was not available to book in advance. Reservations were made once we got on board. One night was actually a last minute decision and we just called CK to ask if there was setting available (there was) and we went there immediately.

So if you are in a lower suite, you can go to CK for dinner, but not breakfast or lunch. I would hate to be the employee that has to police this. You know there is going to be at least one cabin each cruise that is going to be confused or just want to try to get in there for another meal.

On Quantum, when we went to CK, they asked for our cabin number.

I just wanted to point out that when I was on the Oasis in May, CK was not available to book in advance. Reservations were made once we got on board. One night was actually a last minute decision and we just called CK to ask if there was setting available (there was) and we went there immediately.

Thanks Luke, I didn't realize that.

There are only a handful of ships that this applies to. It only applies to Oasis, Allure, and Harmony when it comes out. It applies to Quantum, Anthem, and Ovation when it comes out. This affects so few passengers any given week that it is really a lot of hoopla about very little. The people that sail in the loft suites are the winners while the other two classes don't get much more than they already get. When there is something that applies to the rest of the fleet then I'll be interested.

Suites are expensive. I think people deserve a little more for their money.

I agree. So including amenities and calling them FREE is somewhat silly. At the current prices of suites and mostly likely increased prices going forward, when one books a suite, one would be paying for all of the FREE goodies upfront.

I'm glad to see that they are finally doing something to upgrade the suite experience, but am I just being negative, or are the different tiers and their benefits going to cause a lot of confusion?

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. While I've been anxiously awaiting these upgrades, I'm going to hold off booking a cruise until I see some reviews of the services. None of these perks make up for the lack of a private pool area (which both NCL and MSC have). Plus, with a few minor exceptions to the highest levels of suites, benefits are the same for all suites on NCL.

Reviews of service, price and itinerary will all come into play before we book with RCI. I'm happy to see these upgrades since I might now at least consider an RCI cruise, where as before it was not worth it for us.

I'm looking forward to reading all about these upgrades and can't wait to hear the reviews once they are implemented.

Ands am very happy with the upgrades, and as far as confusing, maybe to my three year old grandchild, not for me....:D

It is up and running.

I just reserved Coastal Kitchen on the Anthem for the nights I want. We are doing a B2B starting Nov. 30, 2015.

Knew I could count on Cruise Critic to be talking about this. :) Booked our Anthem of the Seas cruise for our fifth wedding anniversary and got us a grand suite about a month ago. So it looks like the only difference for us is the free wi-fi and possibly less availability at the suite restaurant. Considered for a second upgrading the suite but it's like $3k more and not sure it's worth it for us, tempting though.

Twice on the Quantum and both times we had a Spa Jr. Suite we had access to the Coastal kitchen for breakfast and dinner. We had reserved seating in the theatre also. Upgraded toiletries. The only add on is barefoot beach. I have made my dinning reservations for the Anthem January and had booked the Coastal months ago. Each time we ate in the CR it was never over crowded.

Edited by maria1122