Tell me about Getaway Vibe & Cabana as well as airline Question

ndaniels2002

My husband, daughter and I are heading out on the Getaway in a few weeks. I was wondering if anyone could tell me more about the Vibe Club and the cabanas? Your experiences.... Pictures? Costs? Onboard credit with purchase of cabana? Was it worth it? Busy or not so busy? How is the service? Is my 11 year old daughter aloud to lounge with me in the cabana? What is the best way to get the cabana or access to the Vibe? Can we purchase online or by phone or do we need to be at port super early?

We are considering purchasing tickets through American Airlines to fly from Chicago to Miami the day before cruise instead of driving. I have found nothing but horrible ratings and reviews about this airline. What are your experiences? They are by far the cheapest rates right now.

Sorry for all the questions!

We are considering purchasing tickets through American Airlines to fly from Chicago to Miami the day before cruise instead of driving. I have found nothing but horrible ratings and reviews about this airline. What are your experiences? They are by far the cheapest rates right now.

Sorry for all the questions!

I can't comment on your questions about the Getaway, we don't sail her until 11/2016.

I flew AA from LA to Boston, not bad, it's flight to start a vacation, what can be better than that? Twice now I have been delayed at Midway, so make sure you get an early morning flight.

Laurie

The Vibe cabanas are clamshells with 2 lounge chairs and tables on each side built into the clamshell. The clamshell can be lowered or raised depending on if you want sun or shade. The area is adults only. There is a bar and they come around with snacks like fruit skewers. Google "NCL Getaway Vibe cabana photos" to see these. If you don't rent a cabana, then you can sit in chairs which are mostly in the sun although there are some umbrellas. This thread shows photos of the cabana in more detail - although children are not allowed. Perhaps NCL originally thought about allowing kids? Not sure, but here is the thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2022644

Edited by SuiteTraveler

Just off getaway 2 weeks ago.

We got to the port at 10am on the dot, flew through ( I mean speed of sound!! ), security and check in, and we were boarding group 4. We were probably one of the first 5 people in boarding group 4 to get on the boat and we probably got passes 15 or 20. There were no cabana's left at that time.

oddly enough, we met a couple were were trying to get in to Vibe on DAY TWO, of the cruise. We told them to go to guest services. 20 minutes later they were back with VIBE wristbands. Apparently they had a few left on day 2.

I certainly do not think that is the norm, but I would still try to get to port as early as possible. We are cruising Getaway again in feb and plan on arriving at 930 to the port.

Just got off June sailing and passed. Personally I think that Vibe is COMPLETELY useless expensive "fad" as it has no pool! Holy HOT!!!!

Think about this, you pay extra to enter a small area that has no waterfall/pool/area to cool off. Then you get to pay even more for a cabana to shade yourself. When I stopped to think about this for awhile it really struck me as a dumb move.

Edited by maxim1010