I am tired of people complaining about...

obxlover

Maybe we should talk about saving the pool chairs one more time or someone wore jeans to the dinning room on casual night. Never get tired of hearing people complain about that.

Yes, I have a trip booked and would like to know if I need to make flight arangements or change ships, Do I care about the people in Mississippi and New Orleans? Yes, I am one of them. I havent paid my cruise off yet Red Cross got my final payment I had saved up.

BTW looks like Royal Caribbean might have made up there mind there is nothing listed going out of New Orleans until Dec 02, 06

I have no doubt that everyone who posted a "what's going on with my cruise from NO" cares about what happened to the folks who were victims of the hurricane. We're confused and angry about a cruiseline that is not commuincating with us. Two other cruiselines have decided what to do with their ships so it doesn't seem out of the question that RCCL could do the same. People cruising out of Texas may soon have the same concern thanks to Hurricane Rita. We work hard to take care of our families and occasionally take a trip. Please quit with the "you're so selfish talk". I've been involved in 4 different fund raisers for the victims of Katrina. My gripe is about customer service... or rather lack of it. I'm truly hoping we can cruise out of New Orleans so I can contribute my tourist dollars to their recovery as well.

Come on RCCL.... give it up!!!

Obxlover,

I read your thread and everyone's comments and then left.

I then came back because it really angers me what you said.

I am set for a 12/10 cruise on the Grandeur with my dh and mom-and-sis-in-law. We have not made our final payment, which is due at the end of the month.

You need to get your facts straight first before you post a thread like you did.

All of us on the Grandeur after December want to know if RCCI is even contemplating moving the port. We don't know anything. We just want the lines of communication to be open.

What makes me mad is your insinuation that we don't care for the city of NO, and the people who have been displaced, or separated from their families, or lost loved ones. I have done what I can do for the victims of Hurricane Katrina. It's not much, and it certainly won't bring back the dead, but it's a drop in the bucket that combined with many, many other drops will accomplish alot.

I did not cancel my cruise after H.K. Did you? Life does go on after tragedy. I personally know a family who just lost their 17 year old daughter in a horrific car crash. They just buried her. But I am still going on my cruise. That doesn't mean I don't care for them or don't respect their situation.

If you are going to post a thread like you did, at least get back on and reply to some of the comments you invoked.

I am still going to try and find out if there is any concrete communication from RCCI before making my final payment regarding NO.

Flame me if you want, but I am not a selfish person, and am being practical with my money and time planned for a vacation.

Shay

Royal Caribbean not knowing when they will be back in New Orleans. Over 700 people have died in Louisiana. Give the people in New Orleans some respect and give Royal Caribbean time to figure out what to do. I know we should go on with our lives, but it has only been a couple of weeks and now there is another possibility of another catastrophe.

These types of posts always seem to be from those that don't have a cruise booked currently or don't have one that is affected:( I just wonder how they would feel if they were the ones whose plans are up in the air...

To nrdsb4-

Perhaps I was unclear in making my point. RCCL needs to give the same answer,whatever it is, to all who ask about cruises leaving from NO. People have posted here that they have been told , "yes the cruise will go out of NO". Others have been told the exact opposite. Some have been told that the cruises will go out of Galveston or Mobile. My point was and is if RCCL does not know the answer, then just say WE DON"T KNOW! At least then people can choose to make other arrangements.

I guess my main gripe is that RCCL customer service seems to be totally uninformed about a lot of things and you get conflicting information on a variety of subjects, thus my comment about cust. service reps being on the same page.

To nrdsb4-

My point was and is if RCCL does not know the answer, then just say WE DON"T KNOW! At least then people can choose to make other arrangements.

I guess my main gripe is that RCCL customer service seems to be totally uninformed about a lot of things and you get conflicting information on a variety of subjects, thus my comment about cust. service reps being on the same page.

You're right about customer service in general.

I think it should be clear to everyone by now that RCI does NOT KNOW the answers to these questions because those answers are completely dependent on the outcome of a hurricane that has not yet arrived. I don't care what anyone over there says, there is no possible way for them to know where any Gulf based cruise is going to depart from NOW or in the near future, and they will not know until the hurricane does its evil deeds and damage is assessed. Even then it will only be an educated guess and subject to change.

If I absolutely needed an answer today, then I would just assume the worst, cancel and make other plans. There really is no other choice but to wait and hope for the best or go ahead and plan for a worst case scenario.

I knew a lot of people would be upset with my post, but it is how I feel. There are a lot of opinions on this board, like jeans in the dining room, bringing alcohol on board, etc and this is just one more.

To osiebosie, and everyone else who is giving Royal Caribbean a hard time, give them some time to figure out what their options are and buy cruise insurance! I understand some of you have final payments due, but I do not think anyone knows what is going to happen in the next couple of weeks. I also do not think is it Royal Caribbean's decision when they can go back to NO.

Now that the city is sadly re-flooding from Rita, would any answer last week, or two days ago, still be valid?

I posted on another thread that, with all the best wishes for the future of New Orleans, a place I went to law school and visited a couple years ago and home to a now-refugee University on whose alumni association board I sit, folks might be well advised to take matters into their own hands since it is their vacation, and their money, and yes, their nerves at stake with respect to the issue of a cruise, and make plans for an alternate vacation involving an alternate location, whether a cruise or if you change to a trip to Utah or Denver in the hopes of avoiding a hurricane. I still think that is the way for the individual traveler to go if you want any degree of near-certainty (I suppose nothing is truly "certain"). My first date with my wife was JazzFest, so I do have fond memories.

I wish the best for those still displaced by Katrina and now those on the run from Rita. And hope those with cruise reservations that were intended to have NOLA embarkations find enjoyable ALTERNATE vacations, and at some point in the future may we all return to enjoy the sampler plate at Mother's, though I otherwise prefer a cajun jambalaya to the creole recipe at Mother's.

Hi again nrdsb4,

Your reply makes sense. I, too, would just cancel and make other arrangements right now. I have a feeling, though, that there are some with large groups booked who might have difficulty with this solution. Well. I wish them all the best. Nice to have a civil discussion with you on what could have been a nasty topic. Happy cruising to you!!

Actually, I think it would be very difficult for the cruise lines to communicate to pax changes of itinerary due to storms since nobody knows where a hurricane will hit until it actually hits, or in what direction it will decide to meander. By the time they call or email a change to all affected pax, the situation most likely has changed. I know that if my cruise is affected by a storm, I'd be pissed at mother nature and thankful that I bought trip insurance.

I know that RCCL posts tropical storm updates on their website.

In non-nature types of itinerary changes, I agree the cruise line has a responsibility to communicate these changes, either directly to pax, or through the booking TA. My planned cruise out of Galveston in Nov had an itinerary change from Jamaica to Key West. My TA informed me of this change, but I didn't hear anything directly from the cruise line. If I had a crappy TA who didn't do his/her job and inform their clients, I never would have known about the change unless I happened across it by browsing the RCCL website. I would assume that it would be the cruise line's responsibility to inform pax of changes for those who book directily with the cruise line. If the cruise line doesn't comunicate these planned changes to pax who book directly with the cruise line, I think those people would have a right to complain.

Archived