Drinks Package On-Board price

Higgy64

Hi,

We sail from Istanbul on Equinox on 24th August and are debating whether to get the Drinks package - we sailed Reflection 2 years ago and bought the package and it was borderline whether it was value.

So we thought about not getting it and then seeing how the first few days go - maybe getting the package onboard. But.... I'm wondering whether the price changes once the ship sails.

Does anyone know from a recent sailing what the classic and Premium Drinks Packages cost once on board ?

and....a long shot this one.... does anyone have a current drinks price list ?

Happy sailing !

Neil

Hi,

We sail from Istanbul on Equinox on 24th August and are debating whether to get the Drinks package - we sailed Reflection 2 years ago and bought the package and it was borderline whether it was value.

So we thought about not getting it and then seeing how the first few days go - maybe getting the package onboard. But.... I'm wondering whether the price changes once the ship sails.

Does anyone know from a recent sailing what the classic and Premium Drinks Packages cost once on board ?

and....a long shot this one.... does anyone have a current drinks price list ?

Happy sailing !

Neil

As far as I know, on board you would just pay the price for the remaining duration of your cruise. Not sure what the actual prices are, however!

As for what is in the packages, here's a link from the Celebrity website:

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

I foolishly purchased the Premium package on the first night of my 12 night Baltic cruise! My husband laughed and told me that I would never be able to drink that much and, sadly, he was right. It was $65 plus 18% gratuity per day. The waiter who talked me into it was thrilled and treated me like royalty the whole cruise, so that was nice. I guess they are on commission. You might as well start out with buying drinks individually and if you are going over the $65, you can always add the package; you can't cancel it once you do buy it. I like a cappuccino at breakfast, a water or 2 during the day, maybe a frozen drink at the pool, a pre-dinner cocktail and a wine at dinner. I figured that I would add another coffee during the day, after dinner drink, maybe a mimosa in the morning, lol. By the 3rd day, I couldn't keep up with the package. It just didn't make sense for me, especially with so many port days. In SPB, I grabbed a coffee to go and a water bottle at 7:30 am and didn't get back to the ship until close to midnight. That day was a bust. Also, there were no "pool' days because the weather wasn't good. Not so much fun for frozen drinks. I never drank so much on a cruise before and came back with added weight on me that I am now trying to get rid of. One morning I even had a mild hangover, something that has never happened to me on vacation before!

If I was going to buy the package again, I would only buy it in the caribbean and I would only buy the premium. For $10 more, you don't have to worry about what you want to drink as there are so many options. Good luck and happy cruising!

Truthfully, if I was paying outright for the package, I wouldn't buy it. This is especially true on a port intensive itinerary. While I enjoyed it when it was included and definitely consumed my share, my typical intake simply doesn't justify it. However, I would probably get the premium non-alcoholic package as I really enjoyed having easy access to cappuccinos, espressos, bottled water, pellegrino, and a few other drinks.

Have to agree with everyone else - near impossible to consume the volume required to validate the $55 or $65 a day. Has anyone else also noticed that the personal service from bar staff has dropped off, ie: in the theatre or sitting in the lounges since the advent of drink packages?

Thanks all,

As i said we had the Premium package on Reflection a few years ago and it was definitely a "care-free" holiday - not worrying about what the final bill will be. However, we discussed last night and decided that, whilst we might get through the required amount of water (Eastern Med in August is HOT !), speciality coffees, juices, wine with dinner, Molecular and Martini bar drinks (!) whilst we are "excited" on the first few days, it's unlikely that my liver would make a full 14 days of that !

So we'll go without the package and just pay the bill at the end.

Thanks again.

As far as I know, on board you would just pay the price for the remaining duration of your cruise. Not sure what the actual prices are, however!

As for what is in the packages, here's a link from the Celebrity website:

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

Tick.