Need some help. Getaway or Escape!?!

ALLTINSOLDIER

Getaway or Escape  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Getaway or Escape

Hello everyone first off i'd like to say how awesome you all are and that i love this forum! I'm a brand new member and this will be my first cruise since i was 12 haha.

So i have booked a cruise on the Norwegian Getaway for 1-17-16 and i'm facing a second thought problem about changing my reservation to the Escape on 1-16-16. Me and my wife will be celebrating our first wedding anniversary on 1-16-16 as well.

Getaway pros

From the looks of it the ports are great, Ocho rios, Cozumel, Grand cayman and great stirrup cay.

The ship sounds nice and has been sailing for a while hopefully meaning all the kinks are worked out.

Lots of great excursion choices (My wife needs to ride a horse at least once per vacation haha)

Getaway cons

The shows don't sound interesting to me personally.

food sounds good but no UDP so sticking to free meals and the whole cuban flare while sounds good to me probably not my wifes favorite.

Escape Pros

Brand new ship!!!

For me personally the shows sound more interesting

things like the margaritiville area and craft beer pub speak directly to my soul lol

Escape cons

Less ports St. Thomas, Tortolla and nassua. Better or worse then getaway ports?

General unknown about the ship and staff might still have kinks.

Sorry for so much rambling i just really need help making a choice!!! Any and all input is welcome and i still have plenty of time to change my reservation. Thank you all so much!!!

We are booked on the Escape for the same week. I vote for the new ship...kinks n all. I've been to all of the ports named except Tortola. I will admit that the idea of the port heavy itinerary of the GA seems like a lot of fun, I'd still prefer sailing on the newer ship. Did someone say Margaritaville?! Whoop whoop [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

I've done the Getaway (which was great, by the way) So, I could only expect the Escape to be equally or even more awesome... It really boils down to the itinerary... 4 ports vs 3? Tortola and St Thomas are great, but then there's Nassau... The Getaways ports, to me, are better overall... I didn't vote in the poll because I could pretty much flip a coin and be happy with the outcome of either sailing...

Edited by sid_9169

We had the same problem. We originally booked the Getaway (new ports + we love Great Stirrup Cay.)

After a few weeks we changed our reservation to the Escape because we prefer the shows and the pool/slide area looks so much better.

Either way, I'm sure you'll have a great anniversary trip. [emoji2]

I had the same dilemma and decided to do both back to back...Escape Nov. 28th to Dec. 5th spend night in Miami then Getaway Dec. 6th to 13th. You didn't have a both option in the poll...

I had the same dilemma as well - winded up doing a b2b too with Escape for 1 week and 2 weeks on Getaway next year (I lucked out on that, because it was $525 for each week on the Getaway - :D).

OP, if you can afford it, do a b2b with the Escape and Getaway - at least you won't have regrets of missing out!!:D Personally, its a tough call because Escape is newest with alot of bells and whistles with 2 out of 3 great ports stops (Even with Nassau - at least the beach is down the street is free and you can always skip that stop to enjoy the ship :)). While, Getaway has 4 great stops and is just notch down in the bells & whistles department but that doesn't mean it not a good ship. That's a tough decision to make - I guess it comes down to price and what do you really want....

I love the Getaway and booked on the Escape for March 2016. GA is an amazing ship and my favorite cruise to date. Although it bills itself with the Miami/Latin theme, it is hardly overwhelming. Truthfully, rarely even noticed it so your DW should set those concerns aside. GA definitely has the better ports IMO. Honestly not really looking forward to the ports on the Escape but for us, the ship is the destination for that cruise. I have been to all several times aside from Tortola. Enjoy them but hardly the same pull as they once had.

I think you need to decide what is most important to you. If you feel lIke ports are more important, stick to GA. She is a fantastic ship and you wont be disappointed. I seriously mean that....it was an amazing time!! If you want a new ship, new venues, for the ship to be the destination, go for Escape. I am sure she will wow you as well!!

I picked Getaway for you since she is a amazing ship and you can always sail Escape later since she is going to be a little different.

Great stirrup cay blows all the other ports out of the water. Nothing beats a private island beach day in my mind.

We been on the Getaway twice, and have the Escape booked for December. Your question is a difficult one. I'm a scotch drinker. So. do I want the glenfiddich 15 or 18 year old? Their both pretty good. I think I agree with most on this thread. Why not have both? I would.

Hello everyone first off i'd like to say how awesome you all are and that i love this forum! I'm a brand new member and this will be my first cruise since i was 12 haha.

So i have booked a cruise on the Norwegian Getaway for 1-17-16 and i'm facing a second thought problem about changing my reservation to the Escape on 1-16-16. Me and my wife will be celebrating our first wedding anniversary on 1-16-16 as well.

Getaway pros

From the looks of it the ports are great, Ocho rios, Cozumel, Grand cayman and great stirrup cay.

The ship sounds nice and has been sailing for a while hopefully meaning all the kinks are worked out.

Lots of great excursion choices (My wife needs to ride a horse at least once per vacation haha)

Getaway cons

The shows don't sound interesting to me personally.

food sounds good but no UDP so sticking to free meals and the whole cuban flare while sounds good to me probably not my wifes favorite.

Escape Pros

Brand new ship!!!

For me personally the shows sound more interesting

things like the margaritiville area and craft beer pub speak directly to my soul lol

Escape cons

Less ports St. Thomas, Tortolla and nassua. Better or worse then getaway ports?

General unknown about the ship and staff might still have kinks.

Sorry for so much rambling i just really need help making a choice!!! Any and all input is welcome and i still have plenty of time to change my reservation. Thank you all so much!!!

The shows are definitely the selling point on the escape, for the first year or so it's not going to be about where the ship stops but more less the fact that it's a brand new ship. You gotta decide which pros and cons outweigh each other