Any questions for Allure?

We are leaving for Barcelona on Saturday morning to finally go on Allure.

Me and hubby (no children) will be travelling in a hump JS (9642) and sharing an internet package for one device. We have the Royal Replenish package (not big drinkers), will be having dinner at Chops, Giovannis and Sabor and will eat in MDR using MTD all other evenings.

We will try to see all shows, and have bookings to all, but might skip some if we don't feel like going.

We will use the ships tour in La Spezia (half day wine tasting) and Rome (just transfer to and from the city), take a private tour in Marseille, just walk around in Palma, and take the ferry to Capri while in Naples.

So now that you know the highlights of our trip, are there anything you would like for me to find out for you while I'm on the ship? :D

We leave for our flight at about 9 CET on Saturday, and while I will probably check in to answer I might not take any more questions after Friday evening.

I will of course write a review afterwards but if perhaps you are leaving within a week or two after us you probably won't have time to wait for it, so that's why I'm doing it like this instead.

I will of course bring all Cruise Compasses home and scan them.

No questions.....have already been on the Allure and Oasis. Just wanted to say, HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME. Best ships in the world. :)

Thank you! I have been looking forward to this trip since we booked in February. Would have never gotten this opportunity if not for the dry dock.

Have a great cruise! We're on same cruise is september. I'm interested in your MTD experience. Read that with res, not much wait. We have MTD res each night but shows are only 2 hrs later so can't afford much delay. Thanks [emoji41]

First off have a great time:)

We sail on the 20th September so will be really interesting to read your review once you get back as we are still unsure what we intend to do:eek:

apart from eat and drink:D

Thanks to everyone for wishing us a great cruise. I know it will be. We are pretty low maintenance, as long as we get fed and "watered" we'll be fine.

We have not made reservations in advance for MTD as all our shows are on the days we have specialty dining except Mamma Mia which we will see before dinner on Monday. So we decided to just go and eat when we felt like it. But I'll let you know if there's any wait w/o reservations.

Will ask around who the CD will be when she returns to US, and will make sure to have a pen and paper ready as my memory for names is absolutely terrible. :p

Me and hubby (no children) will be travelling in a hump JS (9642) and sharing an internet package for one device. We have the Royal Replenish package (not big drinkers), will be having dinner at Chops, Giovannis and Sabor and will eat in MDR using MTD all other evenings.

We will try to see all shows, and have bookings to all, but might skip some if we don't feel like going.

We will use the ships tour in La Spezia (half day wine tasting) and Rome (just transfer to and from the city), take a private tour in Marseille, just walk around in Palma, and take the ferry to Capri while in Naples.

So now that you know the highlights of our trip, are there anything you would like for me to find out for you while I'm on the ship? :D

We leave for our flight at about 9 CET on Saturday, and while I will probably check in to answer I might not take any more questions after Friday evening.

I will of course write a review afterwards but if perhaps you are leaving within a week or two after us you probably won't have time to wait for it, so that's why I'm doing it like this instead.

Amazing... I'm joining Allure next Thursday in Rome... Can't wait... will continuing as back 2 back... leave me some food in chops :D:D

If you think of it and can include it in your review when you get back I'll catch it, but most of all, have a good time. I just tried Sabor for the first time on Freedom where they had a fixed price lunch of $15. I've heard on the bigger ships the lunch was ala-carte so you paid for what you order. I found it to be a great sea day lunch, so I'll probably try it either way, but if you do it for lunch, I'll be curious as to what hte price is.

If you think of it and can include it in your review when you get back I'll catch it, but most of all, have a good time. I just tried Sabor for the first time on Freedom where they had a fixed price lunch of $15. I've heard on the bigger ships the lunch was ala-carte so you paid for what you order. I found it to be a great sea day lunch, so I'll probably try it either way, but if you do it for lunch, I'll be curious as to what hte price is.

I'll see if I can drop by at lunch some day and see what they have to offer. We will be on the ship for lunch in La Spezia but haven't decided what to eat yet. :D

First off have a great time:)

We sail on the 20th September so will be really interesting to read your review once you get back as we are still unsure what we intend to do:eek:

apart from eat and drink:D

Hi Tonkie,

If you are looking for ideas, join our Roll Call, we are on the 20th September sailing too

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2024020&page=6

See you there

Gail

Actually there is one specific thing you could check for me, it's a bit strange, but a genuine query.

What diameter and height are the balcony tables?

Edited by papcx

ranged from a couple dollars to about 10 for the larger entrees. I went with the $5 taco platter and a side of spanish rice for another $2. out the door (pre-margaritas) it was about $15 for the two of us. The spanish rice was a MASSIVE bowl that we shared between the two of us and had some left over. the 5 grand sabor margaritas between the two of us brought it to about $80 lol

Have a wonderful cruise! We loved Palma de Majorca. Beautiful!! We are on the Allure in November so I will look forward to your review of the MDR food. We have not booked our dining yet and I'm wondering how many nights to plan on eating in the specialty restaurants. Thanks!

Yes please. We are sailing on 1st October. I would love to hire a motorbike from Naples so we can go at our own pace down to the Amalfi Coast. I can't find any hiring places online to know if this is at all possible? I've asked on Trip Advisor too and so far nil response. Maybe there aren't any from Naples. Thanks.. also will just look forward to hearing your views... we are first time cruisers...

OK, so this is the list I have so far:

Who is the Cruise director after TA - Bellyflopchamp

Cost for eating in Sabor for Lunch - BillOh

Special request – Pastordonna

What diameter and height are the balcony tables – papcx

Are there motorbikes for hire in Naples – Lexiloo62

Cost for a carton of 200 cigarettes – neesy11

You have about 5 more hours before I'm going to bed, so if there's anything else just let me know, and I'll do my best. :)