!!! Carnival Victory !!! ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!!!

gambee

Your uncle is too much lol, what really got me was him greeting people as they get off the slide, imagine their confusion and horror lol

I must say the horse mask and whale tail is an interesting marketing strategy that carnival should look into

Hats off to you Gambee, for another fantastic review. Fantastic is actually an understatement. Love the selfie stick addiction to your collection, it's nice seeing more of your handsome face in your reviews! Please cruise again soon, I hate seeing your reviews come to an end

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Of course you can link my MSC review to yours. Enjoy writing the review :).

I think the issue with your picture is that it is getting compressed somewhere. I am not sure where it is. It is very hard to tell exactly where the problem is located. Are you uploading the full size picture? is shutterfly setup to compress the pictures to that size? I have never used their service so I am not sure how it works.

Sorry, wish I could be of more help. But it is just very hard for me to tell what it is going. Maybe if you can provide me with more details, I could better assist you.

Thanks Gambee. I have started the review, see here..http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2251092

I increased the size of the photo to 1600x1600 which is quite large but in between does not show. Photos are untouched and it shows but I'm still learning.

What a great ending, Gambee. I was laughing out loud at your uncle's antics! :D I liked the birthday pictures of your family, you're right that those memories will last a lifetime. Thanks for another wonderful review. :)

Heather

Edited by SenatorsFan

What an excellent review! I cannot say it enough. You have a wonderful family, and so nice to see you all having such a great time together. I will be rereading your review over and over till my cruise in October. I can hardly wait, but your photos and review will keep me entertained. Thanks again for taking the time and effort to put together this great review.:)

Thank you so much for this detailed review! We are going on the same cruise on the Victory to all the same stops within the same order in just 9 days!! I too chose this cruise for the stop at Half Moon Cay, so seeing your experience was amazing!! Both my husband and I have never been on a cruise, or even had the luxury of traveling outside of the continental us. We put so much into our elaborate wedding, we chose to save the real honeymoon for our anniversary. -We already have 2 beautiful little girls, some would say we already had the honeymoon. :o So I am through the moon excited, and stumbling across this last night, I couldn't help but indulge. Thanks so much for sharing!! -Question: I noticed you had all your meals at either the buffet or the MDH. Is there a reason you didn't visit any of the other places for breakfast such as, Seaday Brunch or The Breakfast grill?

Carnival should do the "Ice Bucket Challenge". This would be great for that!

Great photos again. Loving this review. Really making me anxious for our next cruise. But, we are going north to Canada/New England for the fall foliage. We will be going to the Caribbean in Dec. Gotta see that turquoise water again. We will have an aft balcony for that cruise. Can't wait.

Keep up the great review. I really hate to see it end. :(

Gwen :)

Thank you Gwen, it was really nice having you here throughout the review. Have fun on your upcoming cruise :)

You have me in suspense and you haven't even made it to your cabins! I sailed this same five day cruise in September of 2013. My first solo venture. Interestingly enough the itinerary was the reverse of yours. Day One was a sea day in as much as Grand Turk was the first port of call followed by Coco Cay and ending with funky Nassau. There was no sea day between Nassau and return to Miami. From looking at your photos except for the Kermit Green overkill. I believe this ship went into drydock for an extreme Carnival Cruise Ship Makeover. I was impressed with the Victory (pre-drydock). The dining room looked redone. Actually liked the decorating scheme better than the Monet Dining Room aboard the Conquest! The only way I could tell the ship had some age was my cabin TV which was an old school tuber 19 incher. But who takes a cruise to watch TV? I had a fantastic perfect inside cabin on Ledo deck. I got a special deal (airline employee). Only problem was the poor cabin air conditioning. I had a box fan provided by the ship and I made do. Otherwise an excellent cruise. This was my first cruise in three years too. :cool:

Glad you're enjoying the review. Thankfully for us the A/C was not an issue at all. As a matter of fact, this might be one of the first ships that nails the A/C perfectly. I am not sure that I would have been able to withstand that heat with a weak A/C.

Gambee....Thank you for your time and terrific effort put into your review. I can literally say I am suffering from post cruise blues now that your review is over. LOL.

My first cruise was on the Carnival Festivale back in 1979 with my folks. I have been addicted ever since with my two favorite lines being Celebrity and Cunard. I share a similar passion for these ships. I have come to love the transatlantics for their sea days with my next voyage coming up in October. Your review was a great read.

May you continue to enjoy your "addiction" to sailing the seven seas and thank you again.

Your uncle is too much lol, what really got me was him greeting people as they get off the slide, imagine their confusion and horror lol

I must say the horse mask and whale tail is an interesting marketing strategy that carnival should look into

Hats off to you Gambee, for another fantastic review. Fantastic is actually an understatement. Love the selfie stick addiction to your collection, it's nice seeing more of your handsome face in your reviews! Please cruise again soon, I hate seeing your reviews come to an end

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought so too, great pic of him. Thank you for being a part of the review, it is very much appreciated.