Oasis MTD~~Tables for 2

If you want a table for two along the railing, you can email Royal dining staff (rcldining@rccl.com) and they will try to accommodate. We did this last time on Oasis about a month prior to sailing. Requested a table for 2 along the center atrium railing. When we arrived in our cabin on Day 1, there was a message from the dining room asking us to come approve the table they'd selected for us. It was perfect. And, by having a designated table every night, and by reserving our dining times in a relatively close window (all were between 5:30 and 6:30), we were able to bypass the "MTD w/ Reservations" line and go straight to our table each night. It was very nice.

Other 2-tops were much too close for our comfort. I'm so glad we arranged the way we did. Literally, some of the 2-tops were so close that the waiter couldn't fit between.

My time dining is on deck 3 now? I haven't been on this class since they re-arranged the dining rooms for the Dynamic Dining concept. It use to be deck 5. Just looking for verification for piece of mind. I'll find out for sure in 259 days.

Thanks Sherri914. I read your comments on another post and I am definitely taking your advice about the email~major thanks for that info. I guess my real question is, since I read that MTD is on level 3 in the American Icon Grill, is there a railing? I was thinking it was an all-open floor plan. :confused:

Thanks Sherri914. I read your comments on another post and I am definitely taking your advice about the email~major thanks for that info. I guess my real question is, since I read that MTD is on level 3 in the American Icon Grill, is there a railing? I was thinking it was an all-open floor plan. :confused:

We haven't been on Oasis since they changed to MTD on Deck 3. It was on Deck 5 two years ago. If it's set up the same as it was, there would still be a railing - only nothing to look down at. As I recall, there was a railing on Deck 3 around that center area because that's where they set up the breakfast buffet.

I plan to email before our upcoming November cruise and nicely ask if it would be possible to have a 2-top that isn't wedged between other tables, and preferably near the center of the dining room.