RAD: Your 2nd Chance......

aaannnthony

I'm going on the Silversea cruise line (Whisper) this Friday and I just wonder if Silversea can live up to the high standards that I have come to respect/expect from Radisson. I don't know. Holland America sure couldn't so we shall see. I'll probably just end up wishing I was on a RSSC ship instead.:(

We've never experienced a crowd with Radisson so we're hoping this will be the same. We have a fire company event in the morning and plan to leave directly from there around noon. We too are only 45 minutes away so we'll probably have to wait around to board. We'll look for you at the pool bar later in the afternoon.

Joanna, I once was a member of that other board, you may recall my signature was the same, but, I was dismissed, most probably, because I was not pro Radisson. "They" would most probably respond differently as to the reasons therefor!

I would agree with the above statement (the part about others recalling different reasons.) My recollection is that it had to do with you being rather annoyed with me because I happened to post about my new car in a thread that was originally about cruising, apparently rendering me horrifyingly and unforgivably off-topic, and unecessary nastiness was simply not tolerated "over there". But enough about that... ;)

I do hope you enjoy your upcoming cruise! I trust you will allow yourself to enjoy it and not waste too much precious mental energy on looking for disappointments. :)

LeeAnne

Welcome back LeeAnne, your first post in two months....I'm so honored to receive another attach from you.

Just to recap, my negatism toward Rad. evolves from two cancellations on SONG OF FLOWER, and, their "comps" relative thereto, and, the less than stellar performance on our 15 day cruise on the Voyager. Since you appear to not now be a regular on this board, perhaps you've missed my posts on the "Comparing the Big 4 Luxury Lines" thread, it's now near the bottom of page two. For a "lux" line, Rad. failed miserably on that 15 dayer!

Seven months prior to the Rad. cruise we did a b-2-b on Celebrity, transatlantic plus, and the Baltics, 28 days total. Yes, we did enjoy both, in fact, as I've said before, on the aforenoted "Comparing" thread, we enjoy all our cruises, however, I factor the related costs, and, that's where Rad. failed. Our per day costs, including air, were over $700/day on Rad. versus less than $400/day on Celebrity.

Archived