RAD: Your 2nd Chance......

aaannnthony

......to live up to your renowned reputation!

We'll make our second Rad. sailing on the Navigator from NYC on 10/22, Panama Canal to L.A., 17 days.

We sailed the Voyager last year, November, on the Med/TA combo, and, were underimpressed.....many will recall that my negative comments were not received well by the Rad. diehards on this board and "the other board".

We just completed, 4 days ago, 21 days on the Seabourn Pride, and, will do a 10 dayer on the Crystal Symphony in late November, so, we'll have a very current evaluation of three of the four "lux's"!

To Marc, Marcie, "Dole-Man", Olivia, and a few others that occasionally still visit this board, we'll be aboard the Navigator next month.....the true test is will we book again onboard!

So, to conclude, this thread becomes a "roll-call" for Navigator, 10/22/05!!

......to live up to your renowned reputation!

We'll make our second Rad. sailing on the Navigator from NYC on 10/22, Panama Canal to L.A., 17 days.

We sailed the Voyager last year, November, on the Med/TA combo, and, were underimpressed.....many will recall that my negative comments were not received well by the Rad. diehards on this board and "the other board".

We gave Radisson a second chance in May, and we were underimpressed yet again! We'll stick to Silversea from now on, and possiblly Seabourn if they prove as good as I was led to believe in our upcoming Feb cruise.

I know there's no pleasing some, but having just finished a cruise on the Navigator, I can't honestly believe anyone could have anything to complain about!

The food, drinks, crew, service, cabins etc were all fantastic. What on earth do you want?

The only negative thing I could possibly say is that because of its size, I wouldn't want to do a really long 'at sea' cruise on it.

Hey Down Under, I'm with you. But luxury means different things to different people I guess. Not having done any of the other luxury lines, Radisson seems perfect for me, a wonderful holiday from my normal life. But then I am someone who has never stayed in a Four Seasons hotel, and probably never will, nor will I ever sail in the Master Suite or even a suite with a butler!, and don't mind a bit.

Seabourn and Radisson (and Crystal) are different products and have different price points. One cannot expect the same level of service or food on Radisson as Seabourn (not that Radisson doesn't deliver a very good product) just a Seabourn cannot provide certain amenities that Radisson can due to the nature of the ships.

If you look for bad (i.e. "Show me what you've got") nothing will ever measure up.

Hope this time around on Rad is good for you and your wife Anthony! I loved the Navigator and her crew on our Bermuda cruise. I hope your crew is just as fabulous! Will be looking for your comparison upon your return. Right now I can't wait to hear what Dolebludger has to say about the P.G. when he returns. Hubby and I cancelled our December P.G. cruise as we were not too thrilled with all of the changes people were reporting on that ship. Don't know, might have to look at Princess now for a return to Tahiti.......maybe booking a higher suite might help on Princess but I can't wait to see if Richard has noticed much difference with the P.G........good or bad.

Pat

Pat,

I would wait and hear the reports that come out after the refurb that's going to happen when the ship goes to drydock in January. I think the PG is still wonderful, but the ship itself could definitely use some sprucing up. As for the meals, we'll see what Richard says, but it sounds to me like things have improved somewhat since I was on in May. The fact that the ongoing management of the ship has been clarified will inevitably make a difference with the staff--the tension this spring was unmistakable.

[quote name=aaannnthony

To Marc' date=' Marcie, "Dole-Man", Olivia, and a few others that occasionally still visit this board, we'll be aboard the Navigator next month.....the true test is will we book again onboard!

So, to conclude, this thread becomes a "roll-call" for Navigator, 10/22/05!![/quote]

aaannnthony, I hope you and Fran enjoy your cruise, and if you do not, you certainly have many choices that appeal to you for future cruises. Whether RSSC passes the "true test" as you call it, and whether you book again is entirely up to you, as it should be! After 14 happy cruises on RSSC, and only one on SS, I have to say I would choose either and be happy. Can't do the other two (Crystal and Seabourn, both great lines) because I don't like required seating times for dinner, (plus the charges for dinner wine) and need a balcony, not available on Seabourn. They are the ONLY reasons I don't cruise those lines. This is not a basketball game where the points are set and everything else is the same. It is too subjective, and to make it anything else is folly. They are all fine lines. Why you make it a contest I don't know.

Marc, thanks.....I'm sure you and Arlene and the "folks" will enjoy your Asian cruise soon to begin!

Pat, what happened to your 3 day booking, 10 days ago, the NYC Waterways, on the Seabourn Pride?

Olivia, it's not a contest. My wife and I both agreed that our one Rad. sailing, 15 days on the Voyager last fall, was not up to "par" to our now 5 sailings on Seabourn, 3 on Crystal, 2 on Oceania, or a b-2-b in 2004 on Celebrity. Perhaps it's just because we expected so much, and Rad.didn't deliver, as far as we were concerned. We'll re-judge next month. I'm sure you also recall our two cancellations on Song of Flower, the first of which I was not pleased in Rad's offering so soon to sailing date.

Joanna, I once was a member of that other board, you may recall my signature was the same, but, I was dismissed, most probably, because I was not pro Radisson. "They" would most probably respond differently as to the reasons therefor!

• 3 weeks later...

Would like to see your review too, aaannnthony. I don't think I have ever taken the position that EVERYBODY has to like Radisson. No single cruise line offers what every single person wants. And all different lines have their pros and cons. Even though we really like Radisson, our next cruise will probably be on a different line, because we are getting in a "cruising rut". as to on-board experience by cruising Radisson ll the time, so a bit of variety seems in order now.

Thanks,

Richard

Archived