Excursion from ship at Glacier Bay

CTCruiser001

I remember reading several reviews in the past (2-3 years ago) stating there was an excursion offered by Norwegian for sailing in Glacier Bay. A smaller vessel would come up and take passengers for a closer view of the glaciers and etc. I do remember the cost was pretty steep, but that's about all I can remember...I cannot find any information about this excursion - Is it something no longer offered, or is my memory slipping from me?

Thanks in advance.

I think you are probably thinking about the Tracy Arm Explorer and Sawyer Glacier.

At least this is the only small boat excursion I have heard of since 06.

There are small boats that operate in Glacier Bay - I have never heard of them offering a tour like you describe.

I just did an Alaskan cruise in May on The Jewel. We sailed a circle into and out of Glacier Bay. There was not an excursion offered. The only small boat that came to the ship was to deliver and pick US Forest personnel, who gave presentations on board ship.

I remember reading several reviews in the past (2-3 years ago) stating there was an excursion offered by Norwegian for sailing in Glacier Bay. A smaller vessel would come up and take passengers for a closer view of the glaciers and etc. I do remember the cost was pretty steep, but that's about all I can remember...I cannot find any information about this excursion - Is it something no longer offered, or is my memory slipping from me?

Thanks in advance.

No, sorry, it has never been about Glacier Bay with a cruise ship, it has always only been Tracy Arm- where ship contracted tours have been available.

While were on the subject of cruising Glacier Bay with NCL...

I've just got to butt in and share a photo with you! I shot this photo of the Norwegian Pearl cruising through Glacier Bay last summer, and it's one of my favorites of all the photos I've taken on cruises. Enjoy!

NorwegianPearl-IcyStrait-IMG_4049.JPG

In case you're wondering how I got that shot...

I was cruising on the Coral Princess and I was shooting photos (from my balcony) of the amazing views in Glacier Bay. Imagine my delight when I saw a cruise ship in the distance... and my further delight when we got close enough to get this picture of her!

I also got a little bit of video of her, as well as some beautiful video of the scenery in Glacier Bay. Here's the video:

[YOUTUBE]E0oUvR8UaTY[/YOUTUBE]

I hoped you enjoyed it, and that you'll pardon me for butting in to the conversation. I figured it would be OK since the OP's question had pretty much been answered at this point.

I've just got to butt in and share a photo with you! I shot this photo of the Norwegian Pearl cruising through Glacier Bay last summer, and it's one of my favorites of all the photos I've taken on cruises. Enjoy!

I was cruising on the Coral Princess and I was shooting photos (from my balcony) of the amazing views in Glacier Bay. Imagine my delight when I saw a cruise ship in the distance... and my further delight when we got close enough to get this picture of her!

I also got a little bit of video of her, as well as some beautiful video of the scenery in Glacier Bay. Here's the video:

[YOUTUBE]E0oUvR8UaTY[/YOUTUBE]

I hoped you enjoyed it, and that you'll pardon me for butting in to the conversation. I figured it would be OK since the OP's question had pretty much been answered at this point.

Spaniel Lover, I favorited this video on YouTube a few months back when I was getting ready for my trip to Glacier Bay on the Sun. It is one of the best videos I have ever seen on that channel and you have much to be proud of. Truly a beautiful bit of videography! :D

E0oUvR8UaTY

OUT. STANDING.

That is all.