Celebrity Website Cabin Selection Issue

sasset

I was trying to book on the website. The drop down list of cabins didn't have the one I wanted, but a search by cabin number showed the cabin available. When I searched for the cabin after having selected the 'Best' package the cabin wasn't listed as available. I searched again without the 'Best' option it showed as available again. To add to my confusion if I selected one of the 6 cabins that were displayed in the drop down I could book any of those with or without the 'Best' package.

Any ideas on the reason for this.

you may be competing against yourself. When you pick a specific cabin (on celebrity or any website) it is taken out of inventory for a short time to aloow you to finish booking without losing it. Sort of like ticketmaster holds your seats for 5 minutes.

Try again in a little while and it may again be available.

Thanks for the response.

That doesn't seem to be the cause. When I select 'Best' I get a drop down of 6 cabins. If I search by cabin number it shows unavailable. If I back up 2 pages and skip past the 'Best' page I can select the cabin by searching for the cabin number. I guess I didn't accurately describe my sequence of the process.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the response.

That doesn't seem to be the cause. When I select 'Best' I get a drop down of 6 cabins. If I search by cabin number it shows unavailable. If I back up 2 pages and skip past the 'Best' page I can select the cabin by searching for the cabin number. I guess I didn't accurately describe my sequence of the process.

Thanks again.

Another option would be to place a 24 hour hold on the cabin you desire, call your TA or X tomorrow to get it sorted out for what you desire. That would work, right?

bon voyage

I was able to place the hold but without the 'Better', 'Best' etc. My math made 'Best' a good value. I will find out Monday if the booking can be modified to get 'Best' and keep the same cabin.

Thanks for the responses.

Use a travel agent who can show you every cabin available, not just 6. You'll get extra OBC, and someone to handle any problems that crop up. For both these reasons, we never book direct.

We browse on the website but call the Celeb Vacation planners to actually book...they have the full inventory, all perks and discounts..and get all the info abt dining, celebrations, etc..

ta could also assist...we find the website too limited and cranky!