Live from Viking Var - traveling the Danube

Margarita Jane

We are on Romantic Danube, Budapest to Nuremberg. Our announcement tonight is that we will not have to change ships! Yea! I guess we can finish unpacking. We will be one of the first boats that will be able to go through.

Today in Vienna, it was hot...probably 90 degrees. Tomorrow in Melk, the forecasted high is only 68 degrees Fahrenheit. If you are taking this trip, be flexible and prepared for anything.

Thank you Bob7 for leaving a little vodka for me.....

-Jane

We are on Romantic Danube, Budapest to Nuremberg. Our announcement tonight is that we will not have to change ships! Yea! I guess we can finish unpacking. We will be one of the first boats that will be able to go through.

Today in Vienna, it was hot...probably 90 degrees. Tomorrow in Melk, the forecasted high is only 68 degrees Fahrenheit. If you are taking this trip, be flexible and prepared for anything.

-Jane

HALLELUJAH!!! Very happy for you and everybody else sweating their trips this week. :)

Hurray!!!!! and thank you for the awesome update. We set sail on 8/21, via Viking Tor, Budapest>>Nuremburg. It is our 1st river cruise, so we were watching the reports closely. It also looks like the weather will also be cooling down, Thanks again!!!:):):)

-Jane

That's great news. We traveled from Passau to Regensburg late last month, and barely made it through on our Vantage cruise.

About the "hot" weather - when we were in Vienna it was 37C (around 97F) both days we were there. In fact the preceding two weeks we had temperatures in the mid to high 90s most days. By the time we got to Regensburg, it was windy (extremely) and cold (most days in the high 60sF). Finished up our trip in the lower temperatures.

Hope your trip is as awesome as ours was.

Thanks for the post. This is the best current info I've been able to find on the Danube. We will be on the Viking Freya Budapest to Nuremberg beginning 22-AUG. Our first river cruise. Although we were not looking forward to cruising by bus, we were planning to make the best of it with a positive attitude. :)