Star Princess Lido Deck Balcony question

timtrek

Hi All

I am ready to book the Christmas LA - Hawaii cruise for 2016 and want to get 2 balconies. Normally my wife and I tend to cruise in the aft section but my sons like the Forward cabins. Anyone have information on the Balcony Cabins on Lido Deck in the forward area? I have looked at pictures of the ship and the balcony appears to be covered - anyone know for sure? With the fitness center above on the Sun Deck, could there be a lot of noise?

Thanks in advance for your help!:D

Hi All

I am ready to book the Christmas LA - Hawaii cruise for 2016 and want to get 2 balconies. Normally my wife and I tend to cruise in the aft section but my sons like the Forward cabins. Anyone have information on the Balcony Cabins on Lido Deck in the forward area? I have looked at pictures of the ship and the balcony appears to be covered - anyone know for sure? With the fitness center above on the Sun Deck, could there be a lot of noise?

Get cabins one deck below the Lido. They are the same price as the ones on the Lido. Most balconies are covered . I think Caribe and lower are more open.

The baloneys on the Lido deck are covered. Try to get on the port side, under the spa area if you are late sleepers so as to avoid potential noise from the gym area first thing in the morning.

Personally, we prefer cabins lower down, like the Aloha or Baja deck.

Edited by ar1950

Hi All

Port and Starboard Balcony Cat. cabins on the Lido, Aloha, Baja decks have 9'x5' balconies that are fully covered by the deck above. Caribe deck balconies are 9'x9' and are half covered. *Personally if I were to select a cabin on the Lido deck I would get one on the port side not one under the fitness center which opens very early in the morning, I think 6 or 7. *If you want to be forward as others have mentioned suggest you look at the Aloha or Baja deck where cabins are above an below you. *Personally the last few times we were on the Star we were in Cat. BD cabins aft on the Caribe deck. Very nice. *Regardless of which cabin(s) you book realize that Princess may upgrade you to a higher category at a different location on the ship.

DO NOT get 219. It is right under the weighs. Not only is there noise, the entire cabin vibrates. We were moved to the port side for the next cruise in 239, I think. It was fantastic!!!!! We have been under the gym before and it wasn't a bother. This time was horrible.

Cheers, Denise

DO NOT get 219. It is right under the weighs. Not only is there noise, the entire cabin vibrates. We were moved to the port side for the next cruise in 239, I think. It was fantastic!!!!! We have been under the gym before and it wasn't a bother. This time was horrible.

Cheers, Denise

Thanks for the information!

TIm