Two questions

Jean1946

1. I know someone posted the fax number for HAL to send the share letter to, but as usual I did not write it down. Please help!

2. Have you ever had to cancel a cruise and how did it go with the Travel Insurance policy? have a doctor's appointment on Wed which will determine if I will have to cancel or not.

Thanks in advance.

2. Have you ever had to cancel a cruise and how did it go with the Travel Insurance policy? have a doctor's appointment on Wed which will determine if I will have to cancel or not.

Do you have HAL insurance?

I hope you get to take your cruise, but if not, and if you have HAL insurance, will you please post how it goes with the payoff?

I am facing the same thing, and am interested in knowing what I'll be facing with the insurance aspect.

Thanks.

1. I know someone posted the fax number for HAL to send the share letter to, but as usual I did not write it down. Please help!

Thanks in advance.

This FAX number 206-281-0627 (World Cruise Reservations) has been working for me.

Edited by ScriptOhio

Thanks for the phone number! I'll keep it with the share statement, so I won't have to ask again! It will be easier for us to fax it rather than sending it to our travel person and getting him to fax it.

I do not have HAL insurance but do have a policy that is supposed to be very good thru BJ's (like Sam's and Costco) if you are not familiar with them.

Thanks for the phone number! I'll keep it with the share statement, so I won't have to ask again! It will be easier for us to fax it rather than sending it to our travel person and getting him to fax it.

I do not have HAL insurance but do have a policy that is supposed to be very good thru BJ's (like Sam's and Costco) if you are not familiar with them.

Read through your policy. There's probably a customer service number you can call if you have any questions, even "what-ifs" before you see your doctor. I hope he/she lets you go on your cruise!

Do you have HAL insurance?

I hope you get to take your cruise, but if not, and if you have HAL insurance, will you please post how it goes with the payoff?

I am facing the same thing, and am interested in knowing what I'll be facing with the insurance aspect.

Thanks.

Ruth, I called HAL last week to ask this same question since our Alaskan cruise is in late Sept, 2016 and one in our party may not be healthier enough to travel. We all purchased the HAL Platinum policy. The HAL rep told me that we would receive a full refund if we had to cancel before July 1, 2016. If only one person cancelled the cruise, that person would be refunded the cost of their part of the cruise and we could then add another person to the booking if we desired. The new person would have to buy their own insurance, of course. If we went past the July 1 cancellation cut-off date, then there is a sliding scale as to how much of the cruise is refunded. That made us feel better about this cruise. Of course, we all hope everyone is healthy, but life doesn't always cooperate and that's why we all bought the Platinum insurance policy.

My Dad and I travelled together before he passed away. As he aged, he started having mobility/health problems. We had to cancel several cruises because his doctor would not clear him for travel. These cancellations normally took place one or two weeks before we were due to sail.

The process is really quite easy. Go to the website for the company that issued your insurance. See what forms you will need from the doctor if you have to cancel. I got into the habit of taking the forms with me to save time so the doctor and his staff could see what information was needed when cancelling for medical reasons.

Best of luck!

Had to cancel my DH's cruise as he is gone. It was handled by my exceptional TA and the refund from HAL was swift but the best part was the insurance company (Allianz) refunded almost all of his insurance cost, which was unexpected and a few thousand dollars. The cruise is not until Jan which probably made the difference.

When I had to cancel, my TA was a great help guiding me through the process and helping with necessary documents. If you have a TA involved with your insurance, that's where I would start. I hope you don't need to and have a great trip.