Which deck on Royal/Regal has the larger balcony?

triple7tahoe

On most of the earlier Princess ships, Caribe was the deck of choice for balconies-Is this also true on the Royal/Regal? Thank you.

No. All of the balconies are very small with a few exceptions. Some of the midship balconies at the bump out on the Dolphin deck are a normal size (as are the minisuites on the other bump out deck areas). And I believe the aft facing and forward facing balconies are bigger too.

Most people have voiced disappointment in the balcony sizes on these ships as they are smaller than the standard balconies on the Grand class ships.

When I booked, I reviewed the deck plans very carefully to determine the balcony size I wanted.

No there is no deck in particular you should look at for larger balconies on those ships. And even if you book a higher category room, you are not assured you are getting anymore space outdoors than a standard veranda. You really need to do the research.

When looking at cabins in the bump out areas (where the larger balconies are on each level) on each deck remember that on the starboard side the skywalk above means that people can look into your balcony and into your cabin on certain levels below the skywalk.

The standard balconies are small but not unbearably so when doing the British isles cruise where it is cold but beautiful. We still sat out there but not for long periods. It was fantastic having the constant view, though and the balcony was worth it.

Some people experience soot on the larger Balconies looking aft.

Edited by paddingtonbear

On most of the earlier Princess ships, Caribe was the deck of choice for balconies-Is this also true on the Royal/Regal? Thank you.

The port and starboard balconies are the same on all decks. As other pointed out, the size can vary at various positions along the ship, but the sizes will be consistent up and down on different decks.

Forward facing and aft facing balconies can vary in size based on which deck they are on.

Edited by caribill

Here's a link to a post of mine on this topic, in response to someone else's question along these lines.

Larger Balconies on Royal/Regal

You may have to scroll down the page a little bit until you see the partial deck plan I posted.

Hope this helps.

p.s. - I would note that, in my original post, I made the same mistake I always do about the names of the "bump out" features on the Lido Deck: the proper names are the Sea Walk and the Sea View Bar (I always put "Sky" in there instead of "Sea" for some reason.)

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere

We recently took a Baltics cruise on the Regal and had an aft Balcony on Baja deck. I used this site to do a fair bit of research, and discovered that the Baja aft cabins had an extra large balcony. There was plenty room for a sunbed on the balcony and I really felt it was worth the extra. I enjoyed the views, especially when sailing out of Stockholm (we were lucky enough to have berthed right in the City).

I had worried about the soot problem having read other posts, but either we were lucky or Princess have sorted it out as I can honestly say there was absolutely no soot on our balcony at any time during the 12 day cruse.

Have a great cruise.

• 1 month later...

We have been on the Royal 2x and going again Nov. 30. Booked L-101 last time and loved it. The Lido deck is convenient to Horizon and pool we use. We had a deluxe obstructed balcony. It was 14 people deep during a Cabin Crawl our Meet and Greet did. The only thing obstructed is the fact instead of plexi glass we had a steel front. We had to stand up to see the water near the ship, but sitting down we could see the water away from the ship. Whales, dolphins, etc.

Myrna

We recently took a Baltics cruise on the Regal and had an aft Balcony on Baja deck. I used this site to do a fair bit of research, and discovered that the Baja aft cabins had an extra large balcony. There was plenty room for a sunbed on the balcony and I really felt it was worth the extra. I enjoyed the views, especially when sailing out of Stockholm (we were lucky enough to have berthed right in the City).

I had worried about the soot problem having read other posts, but either we were lucky or Princess have sorted it out as I can honestly say there was absolutely no soot on our balcony at any time during the 12 day cruse.

Have a great cruise.

Hi Trrrrrip,

Thanks for the info on the aft balcony. I am also booked for the aft balcony on the Baja deck of the Regal. We are in cabin B739 next to an open space. What is that space and did you have access to it or did it contain pipes or some other mechanical items?

We have also cruised on Norwegian Breakaway and had an aft cabin that had a balcony that was HUGE. Any idea of the dimensions. On the breakaway we had 2 loungers, 2 chairs and a table and still had room for more chairs and loungers.

Thanks for any info (and if you have photos, that would be great too)