The best Aft Balcony on Adventure is.... ?

Looking to book the Adventure and this time we want to try an Aft Balcony. I've read the pros & cons but curiosity is getting to us.

If you could grab a specific balcony which one would you book?

Suite or not?

Non-suite, hands down, it's 1388 or 1688.

Those are Category D1.

Then 7688 or 7388.

Those are Category E1.

Royal Caribbean SOMETIMES (and it's hard to predict) does not allow two people to book those cabins, because they can hold 3 or 4.

Suite or not?

Non-suite, hands down, it's 1388 or 1688.

Those are Category D1.

Then 7688 or 7388.

Those are Category E1.

Royal Caribbean SOMETIMES (and it's hard to predict) does not allow two people to book those cabins, because they can hold 3 or 4.

Thanks Merion Mom!!!! I just placed a courtesy hold on 1688 for Feb 2017

What is it you like about the aft cabins? I think I prefer to see the port as we are coming into it but I know you can say you see it as you sail away. What is the draw?

To be honest, I'm not sure! :D Perhaps it's the ship's wake itself. We've always had a hump balcony. Our first JS will be coming up in Oct and then in Feb. Both on the hump. We just wanted something a bit different. I've heard great things about the size of the rooms and balconies of 1388 & 1688. I just couldn't remember the numbers!

Thanks again Meriom!

Thanks Merion Mom!!!! I just placed a courtesy hold on 1688 for Feb 2017

We have had this cabin several times, and LOVE IT to pieces.

http://s188.photobucket.com/user/MerionMom/library/Miscellany/1700%20-%201400%20-%201688%20-%201388?sort=3&page=1

Beware the pole! (it really isn't in your way, despite the *warning* ;))

Do not try this at home! He is a professional dancer.

Cabin1400-Davidandthepole_zpsdcb2934f.jpg

1388 or 1688 for the cabin - it's as big as a JS. Balcony is great too.

7688 or 7388 for the balcony - it's amazing and even has a side port hole to look out the side of the ship so you get both views. Cabin is standard though.

Which of these two (7th & 10th deck afts) have the better view for the balcony. Are there any obstructed views w/ the structural poles/supports?

Those pictures make me want to sanitize things. If only he wasn't in his boxers. I think one of those easily found on google and when we had 1700 on Freedom I, a sanitizer-despiser, made DH wipe the whole thing down. Just in case.

Next year December we have 7688 booked. So excited. :) (I don't think there's a pole there, thank goodness. we are OVER having a pole in our room!)

Which of these two (7th & 10th deck afts) have the better view for the balcony. Are there any obstructed views w/ the structural poles/supports?

I would say the best aft view is from deck 10 - not much obstruction there. There is a beam going through deck 10 but it's not too bad. Check out my post here (this was Navigator before refurb):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=37691244&postcount=182

If you scroll through this thread you will see deck 7 corner aft (freedom class and voyager class are the same - I've stayed in both). I really like huge port hole view from the side but there's more obstruction looking aft:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2014636

Looking to book the Adventure and this time we want to try an Aft Balcony. I've read the pros & cons but curiosity is getting to us.

If you could grab a specific balcony which one would you book?

Oh the aft cabins are absolutely horrible.

p.s. good advice in this tread from crazy people who are just trying to fool you.

Just got off the ship this past Saturday:( and just loved my balcony!! We were on the Aruba route and we would come back and sit out there before dinner, before bed, in the morning with room service...you get the idea. My daughter loved the lounge chairs and even on sea days it was so nice to come back, shower and sit on the lounger with a glass of wine. We were traveling with 13 people and had our own sail away one afternoon...and all of us fit without feeling too crowded!! The super structure to me wasn't that noticable and the side port holes added a side view and still felt very private

We've had hump balconys, regular balcony's, suite balcony's and hands down for this category this is my favorite...

We are booked in cabin 9690 for our February 2017 Southern Caribbean cruise on Adventure. I don't think people above being able to see us will bother us :). We had an aft balcony our first time on Freedom and loved it - we love just sitting on the balcony watching the wake...it's so relaxing and mesmerizing to us. On our next Freedom cruise, we went with a regular balcony and we did enjoy being closer to the elevator! To us that was the only drawback of the aft balcony was the long walk if we forgot something and had to go back to the cabin quickly. We are looking forward to our aft balcony on Adventure! :)

We are huge fans of aft cabins on Adventure. The last time we sailed her we were with family in a RFS, and it was wonderful. So we would have to say any aft cabin on AOS is a wonderful way to sail.