When do we need to check-out?

And I'm back :)

We return to Sydney on Voyager of the Seas on Friday 18th December. I noticed that the ship is departing again that evening on another sailing. I am just wondering how long we may be able to stay aboard that morning?

We will fly back to Brisbane that day, but I have read various posts on how long it can take to disembark so am planning on an afternoon flight. I'd much rather have time to kill than a stressful race to the airport. That said, I'd much rather kill that time aboard, so exactly how leisurely can we be with breakfast before they make us check out?

I'm trying to decide between a 1pm and 3.30pm flight.

Thanks in advance.

When we cruised on Rhapsody earlier this year we had no choice of disembarkation time. Since we weren't doing any transfers, or anything else organised by Royal Caribbean, we were allocated a 7:30am timeslot. We left our carry-ons in our cabin, had a quick breakfast, went back and got our stuff and were off the ship by the allocated time.

As everyone else has said 9.00 am ish....most but not all ships offer transfers to Central Station ($10 US ea) and the Airport ($25 US ?) ..so we typically debark at 8.15/8.20 and usually catch the train at 9.15 to the Central Coast...

The coath would have you to the airport about 9.45/10.00 at a guess...at $50 US it's probably about the same as a cab at your convenience??

We asked for one of the latest debarking times on Voyager a couple of years ago. About 9.15 or so if I remember. They were banging on our door at about 7.30! There was not much time allowed for breaky either. They want you out and they were not interested in the fact that we had never been told we had to be out well before our allotted time. I do think they could be a bit more informative about the whole thing for newer cruisers. We now just resign ourselves to getting up early and moving on.

The idea of getting up early on the last day is not my idea of fun, but it is what you are expected to do. The good people that are organising us to get off the ship are very quick at Sydney. We are out on the kerb quicker than we can blink more often than not. :eek: