Hurricane Danny

ha ha - we leave Sunday on the Freedom. I do recall a cruise that was diverted to New England. Was it a Bermuda cruise? In any case, and on a positive note, I can finally get some good lobster!

M

Yes, I think it was a cruise to Bermuda! I will bring some warm clothes as well - we sail 8/30.

Tropical Weather Update

August 21, 2015

6:00 p.m. E.S.T

Royal Caribbean International continues to closely monitor the path and progress of Hurricane Danny to ensure guests enjoy safe and comfortable cruises, and to make certain our ships steer clear of the storm. The safety of our guests and crew is always our foremost concern.

Adventure of the Seas

Hurricane Danny has been forecast to pass directly through the Lesser Antilles and Eastern Caribbean. Due to the path of the of the storm, Adventure of the Seas will not call on St. Johns, Antigua, Castries, St. Lucia and Bridgetown, Barbados this weekend.

Oasis of the Seas

Oasis of the Seas will not be able to call to the Eastern Caribbean ports of call as originally scheduled. Instead, the ship will sail to Costa Maya and Cozumel, Mexico, in an effort to try to find sunny skies and the calmest seas possible.

We encourage guests sailing on Freedom of the Seas, Navigator of the Seas and Independence of the Seas monitor this website for any additional updates.

If you have not done so already, we strongly suggest guests complete their online check-in as soon as possible, including the section on your preferred method of contact while traveling. You can access online check-in at http://www.royalcaribbean.com/onlinecheckin

Royal Caribbean will continue to closely monitor weather conditions and will update this information again tomorrow, August 22, 2015.

Need help?

BulletIf you're having trouble, you can complete our e-mail form and one of our representatives will contact you.

BulletIf you prefer, you can call us directly.

BulletOr you may search this site for more information.

That's a ridiculous re-routing of Adventure, given that Barbados and St Lucia are not anywhere near the path of Danny. And Antigua is pretty unlikely to be affected much at all either. All of the Southern islands are well out of Danny's path..why not continue with the original route there?

I have a friend who wanted to plan a wedding during a stop in a port on one of her cruises during hurricane season. THIS is exactly why I told her she'd be crazy to do it!! Can you imagine?

Good luck to everyone cruising. I'm sure they're doing the best they can to keep people safe and get them to open ports.

That's a ridiculous re-routing of Adventure, given that Barbados and St Lucia are not anywhere near the path of Danny. And Antigua is pretty unlikely to be affected much at all either. All of the Southern islands are well out of Danny's path..why not continue with the original route there?

I've been wondering the same thing. I had really been looking forward to all of the stops on this trip, except St. Maarten. Now the itinerary we will be doing only really has me looking forward to St. Thomas and Bonaire.

I've never had a bad cruise and weather is never a factor, nor do I avoid sailing at hurricane season. I leave Friday on the EN for a short Bahamas cruise. We may not be able to tender at Coco Cay. Oh well. It won't ruin anything for me.

We are on Enchantment Friday also. Guessing we will not get to CocoCay. Just hope the hurricane stays south so we can have a nice weekend. We also cruise short cruises during hurricane season and always just hope for the best!!! Doesn't ruin our cruise either, we have a great time anyway!!!!

Yes, the real concern with a hurricane that affects the ship's home port. If this happens, the ship will have to do on of two things - stay at sea until the storm clears, or stop at an alternate port. Staying at sea is the ideal situation because that allows the ship to return to the proper port for current passengers to disembark where expected, albeit with possible changes in flight plans. This also means that passengers expecting to embark on the ship for the next cruise will be delayed.

The best solution for the passengers is to make sure they have adequate travel insurance that will pay for extra lodging and flight change fees, or would reimburse the price of the trip in the event the cruise is canceled. Just make sure it covers hurricanes and that it covers what you want. Some will cover the entire trip's cost if the departure is changed or delayed more than 12 hours. There may be some policies that have lower levels of coverage. It's best to find those answers before choosing an insurance policy.

That is where we are lucky. We live in FL so if we don't get back on time it is no big deal for us. Hubby is retired and I work from home. So if we are delayed we can live with it. Really hurts everyone that has to fly or go back to work

You have two options.

Option 1 Stay home and worry about what will or won't happen and cancel all of your plans.

Option 2 Enjoy your cruise albeit a change in itinerary. People waste their time watching the Weather Channel like a hawk wondering what will or won't happen. If you really don't want to risk the hurricane season then book at another time.

People expect to get the exact same itinerary they booked on but in your ticket contract the cruiseline can change the itinerary for whatever reason and yes most of the time its for your own safety. You need to let the cruiseline handle these situations as they know what is best for everyone.

Heck there are people that are stuck at work while you are having fun on a cruise just go with the flow and all will be well or cancel and lose all monies paid minus the taxes.

Sorry to be so harsh but if you have not heard yet from the cruiseline your itinerary will be fine.

Edited by travelplus