Cozumel - late docking?

FLIP FLOP GAL

Hi - we will be visiting Cozumel in Nov via the NCL Getaway. The day we are in port, there are 5 additional ships. We dock the latest, at 11am...does this mean the beach resorts/clubs will be too full?

Total of 6 ships in port that day (Allure, NCL Getaway...and some other biggies). I'm nervous about the # of people in port, no room for us?!

Edited by FLIP FLOP GAL
change topic

It sounds like a crowded day, but Cozumel regularly handles days with many many large ships.

Why not reserve a spot at Nachi- they only take 100 people a day.

Mr. Sanchos AI has a limit as well (though I think it is like 350)- so you could pre-reserve there.

Chankanaab's entry fee will help keep the crowds down, so that is a good option too.

And we've never seen Money Bar too crowded, even on days when the piers are completely filled.

I think you can still have a pleasant day. But it may be a bit harder to find a grouping of chairs at the beach since you will be late arrivals.

11 AM Coz time or ship time? :confused: - they can be different.

Even if you arrive late by the time you get off the ship and cab to one of the beaches some of the early birds will be heading home. Paradise Beach is so large you can always find spaces away from the crowds.

If you just require loungers, food, drink and beach (no water toys), increased taxi fare to playa Palancar or Punta Morena keeps the crowds down. Arrange for taxi to return or get the bar to call. No sea swimming at Punta Morena but small swimming pool is refreshing.

Edited by c-leg5

11 AM Coz time or ship time? :confused: - they can be different.

Even if you arrive late by the time you get off the ship and cab to one of the beaches some of the early birds will be heading home. Paradise Beach is so large you can always find spaces away from the crowds.

Great question. I'm not entirely sure. The itinerary provided by NCL says 11-7...not sure which one they're referencing.

Great question. I'm not entirely sure. The itinerary provided by NCL says 11-7...not sure which one they're referencing.

When do you cruise? :confused: Where are you cruising from? :confused:

Coz is normally on EAST coast time (changed earlier this year) but does not observe daylight savings time.