Beach suggestion

KatPem

So, with all the talk of construction on Orient and this not being the best time to visit it, any suggestions of a beautiful beach to spend the day at? We actually spent a week there in 1998 but back then we didn't research much so we didn't see as much as we should've. We were there in April on a cruise and went to the Marigot market, Serafinas, and Maho. Looking for a place that we won't have a hard time getting a cab back to the boat that at least has a restroom and chairs for rent. The more picturesque, the better. Thanks in advance! We will be there in 2-3 weeks so I was hoping to find a good beach for this time of year.

Thanks so much!

I would strongly suggest that you ask the taxi driver how the beach and water conditions at Dawn Beach are before your visit in the next few weeks. I met a man on the ferry over to Pinel a couple of weeks ago who has a house facing the Atlantic like Dawn is and he said the seaweed was quite the issue then. We stopped and took a peak at Bay Lucus which is not far from Dawn and the seawed along the shore was very thick. Lucus is not a swimming beach and there are no establishments on it that would tidy it up so keep that in mind.

Beaches that were seaweed free included Mullet and Grand Case and the area of the beach by Karakter on Simpson Bay. Conditions change so keep checking if that is important to you.

Thanks for the advice, how was Pinel island?

It was in very good condition. It's a lovely spot but the Cul de Sac which is the place you catch the ferry to Pinel was inundated with seaweed. The smell was gross at 11 and nauseating when we came back at 3:30 after baking for the day. I feel so sorry for the people that live and vacation in that area and also for the water sports company that rents kayaks and paddle boards. The first 20-30 or so feet of water was seaweed infested.