Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Two

CC Help Michell

A very quiet Christmas Eve here....and waiting for the onset of yet another rain storm!

Glad to see that your luggage left ok Mysty....cocktails sound fabulous.......

Wishing one and all a very Happy Christmas and New Year........

Sophia [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

*snort* I have to stop reading this forum whilst sipping wine. Bukettraube doesn't taste as good when it comes out my nose!

misty: Have a magical time in Barcelona!

misty: The bags have left the building! The tracking numbers are all showing up on the FedEx web tracking. I am now sipping a celebratory Manhattan cocktail and life is looking pretty damn good!

Sorry have been busy the past few days with lots of work projects and then traveling from Ohio to Kansas to be with my wife's family here in the middle of the USA. Gas prices are nice right now. Filled up in Columbus before departing at $1.72. As we journeyed west' date=' saw lots of prices at $1.79 or so. BUT, the [b']lowest seen in mid Missouri was down to $1.53[/b]. That really helps the budgets and wallets!!!

Appreciate the various recent fun and interesting posts here at the "Cooler". YES, best for J.P. and Chris in enjoying charming Barcelona. Look forward to hearing what you liked and enjoyed most. Safe travels for all others over this holiday period.

Glad to hear that things are solved with FedEx and the baggage in connection with the World Cruise. Looking forward to hearing lots of details, highlights, etc. You will be visiting some fun and exciting parts of New Zealand and Australia that we enjoyed two years ago.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 129,767 views for this posting.

Morning All! Thanks S, it was a huge relief! Bags just left the FedEx hub in Memphis, TN.

I intend to take the Coolers along on the journey Terry. :) There is a 2016 WC thread already but the special tidbits will be posted to the Cooler. :)

Wishing all a very Merry Christmas! May 2016 bring love and laughter and peace ever after!

Bags just left the FedEx hub in Memphis, TN. I intend to take the Coolers along on the journey Terry. There is a 2016 WC thread already but the special tidbits will be posted to the Cooler. Wishing all a very Merry Christmas! May 2016 bring love and laughter and peace ever after!

Appreciate your follow-up and the update on your FedEx processing/movement. YES, Merry Christmas and best wishes for 2016. Love your comment of "May 2016 bring love and laughter and peace ever after!".

Glad you will be sharing with the Coolers all of the secrets and fun from your adventure. Looking forward to hearing much more.

Did a June 7-19, 2011, cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. We are now at 207,539 views for this live/blog re-cap, including much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

To add a little Christmas season "color", below are some visuals from my photo files from being in New York City during these holiday periods. These are from 2006, but things there now should be somewhat similar.

WINTER COLD WEATHER??: For Central Ohio today on Christmas eve, it will be mild with periods of sun, a high of 54°F and a low of 41°F. Historically, for this day, the average high would normally be a high of 38°F with a low of 25°. Dec. 25/Christmas will be mostly cloudy, afternoon rain with a high of 55°F and a low of 47°F. Saturday, Dec. 26 will be periods of rain with a high of 65°F.

THANKS! Enjoy the season! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 190,923 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

At Rockefeller Center in New York City, here are three shots from our 2006 visit there of the great decorations in and around this famed site with its great Christmas tree. Few cruise ships can match these visuals for the holidays.:

RockCtrTree.jpg

RockCtrTree2.jpg

RockCtrTree3.jpg

At the NYC Metropolitan Museum of Art, they have great, historic decorations on this tree in the Medieval Court area to capture the traditions of the season. Enjoy!!:

MetMusChrTree.jpg

In addition to the great things at Rockefeller Center in New York City, here are two shots of the great department store windows and their super creative designs. Few cruise ships can match these great visuals for the holidays.:

NYCXmasWindowDecorations.jpg

NYCXmasWindow2.jpg

Here are some more details from AccuWeather about this non-snowy lack of a White Christmas. Here is their headline: "Warmest Christmas Eve on record to unfold across eastern US".

Here are some of the story highlights: "Any hopes of a white Christmas that the weekend chill brought will be dashed in the eastern United States, with this Christmas Eve shaping up to be the warmest on record in many communities. According to AccuWeather Senior Meteorologist Tom Kines, 'On Christmas Eve, parts of the mid-Atlantic and New England could be just as warm as they were on the Fourth of July.' Record high temperatures, including some record warm minimum temperatures, are likely to be set from Florida to Maine."

Full story at:

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/christmas-eve-record-warmth-ny/54313801

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean combo sailing over 26 days that started in Barbados, here is the link below to that live/blog. Lots of great visuals from this amazing Brazil river and these various Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, etc.) that we experienced. Check it out at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 33,810 views for these postings.

Glorious pictures Terry! They definitely add to the festive atmosphere! Thank You!

Our neck of the woods is also breaking temperature records for warmth. Lots of people are very disappointed with the lack of snow. I'm not one of them! :)

No disappointment here! It will make for a much easier drive down to Kennedy. And hopefully it will be an easy year for my snowplow guy, who charges a fixed fee every year. Last year he worked way too hard for his fee.

We had a good soaking rain last night. When I got up and went out for the newspaper, it felt like spring. All of the earthworms had left their waterlogged burrows and were stretched out on the driveway! A very weird sight for Christmas Eve Day!

E-boarding passes are in hand and last packing done. It's so warm today we'll switch the clothes we were planning to wear to New York for something lighter. Barcelona looks to be 60 and sunny for the next two days... Now to wait a few more hours! The anticipation! I feel like a little kid at Christmas. :)

Edited by jpalbny

Now to wait a few more hours! The anticipation! I feel like a little kid at Christmas. :)

There is nothing like a heap of anticipation .... and so many coolers have some trips at the same time! What excitement!

Don't mean to be piccy JP but it is not a little kid you will feel like ie a kebab .... but a suckling pig in BCN. :D

Nothing remotely exciting as our escapees food expectations ..... but today was chilli shrimp (prawns) with Greek salad with a nice feta.

Jeff

5B642F60-5699-4673-A4A1-7403E786288A.jpg

7841E171-DA12-49A0-B746-374C2E45F35D.jpg

Happy Christmas eve all!

Safe journey to all travelers....

JP keep your eyes open for the sleigh, it may just pass your plane.

Grandson here and festivities picking up at seriously fast pace.

Gingerbread house done and it took better part of day.

He has written his name on his stocking.

Now I need to finish last minute stuff.

Jeff food looks good. Very good.

Happy Christmas eve all!

Safe journey to all travelers....

JP keep your eyes open for the sleigh, it may just pass your plane.

Grandson here and festivities picking up at seriously fast pace.

Gingerbread house done and it took better part of day.

He has written his name on his stocking.

Now I need to finish last minute stuff.

Jeff food looks good. Very good.

Keeping in mind that Santa probably needs to visit 100,000 homes per second to get done in one day, JP will need to have really sharp eyes. ;)

Incredible weather here. Temps of 16 C. Extremely high winds! We have lost a few shingles from the roof. I contacted a roofing contractor and luckily he can come by on Saturday. We can't leave the house with missing shingles for 4 months! Power is out just a mile from us with restoration not expected until 1 am tomorrow. Playing havoc with people's Christmas plans!

Tornado in Wayne County (west side of Detroit) last night! Hope your family is OK Mark!

Santa may have to fight gale force winds tonight!

Incredible weather here. Temps of 16 C. Extremely high winds! We have lost a few shingles from the roof. I contacted a roofing contractor and luckily he can come by on Saturday. We can't leave the house with missing shingles for 4 months! Power is out just a mile from us with restoration not expected until 1 am tomorrow. Playing havoc with people's Christmas plans!

Tornado in Wayne County (west side of Detroit) last night! Hope your family is OK Mark!

Santa may have to fight gale force winds tonight!

The tornado was 5-10 miles from where my daughter lives. No damage at their place. Lots of people without power over here on the west side too, some they said might not get it back until Sunday.

If our weather is any indication, you have calmer and cooler (4C here) weather ahead.

Nice smooth flight! Missed Santa as we were napping, but saw a nice sunrise over the Pyrénées! Arrived 30 minutes early and were on the airport bus by 9am and already at our hotel. Room should be ready shortly then we'll head out to see what's open. Feliç Nadal!

Merry Christmas all!

Merry Christmas All!

spinnaker2, what are you doing up at 3:37 am? You have more energy than I do! I'm in bed by around 9:30 pm. I'm a little envious here! :)

Have a magical day everyone!

Nice smooth flight! Missed Santa as we were napping, but saw a nice sunrise over the Pyrénées! Arrived 30 minutes early and were on the airport bus by 9am and already at our hotel. Room should be ready shortly then we'll head out to see what's open. Feliç Nadal!

Joyeux Noel JP and Chris! So glad your flight went smoothly! Enjoy your day!