Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Two

CC Help Michell

Didn't she have a fling with Mick Jagger? Jeff

jpalbny: Terry - fine pictures! Like the picture of the person taking a picture with his smartphone.

mysty: Today is our Federal election day. The Conservative government under Stephen Harper has been in power since 2006. There are 4 political parties here - Conservative' date=' Liberal, New Democratic Party and Green Party. [/quote']

On Mick and his women, how could he and/or we keep track of ALL of them, when, how, where, etc. Mick is a guy with lots of energy, money and time for such exercise and activities. He must be talented!!!

Appreciate JP's nice comment on my pictures. Thought I would get a comment from Jeff on our OSU Marching Band doing the salute to the great British Invasion music history and being in London to perform at your famed stadium there.

Will be following the Canada election results with interest. Look forward to any insights and details from mysty.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. We are now at 205,663 views for this live/blog re-cap, including much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Below are three fall visuals from around at home yesterday. Got to get started today on the clean-up of the leaves, removing dead plants from the weekend temperature drop, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean combo sailing over 26 days that started in Barbados, here is the link below to that live/blog. Lots of great visuals from this amazing Brazil river and these various Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, etc.) that we experienced. Check it out at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 30,936 views for these postings.

The busy and pretty fall season is in full swing here in Ohio. First, here is one of my wife's wreaths up on a door. She has got to have these decorations reflecting the changing seasons!! Look good with the sun on it? We have lots of big oak and other trees on our wooded, ravine lot in the middle of the city. Here are two visuals where the sun played nicely off of the varied leaves at this colorful time of the year. But, then I must clean up the leaves!!??:

Oct2015PixsA7_zpspkbk4xij.jpg

Oct2015PixsA8_zps7e8mb7qp.jpg

Oct2015PixsA9_zpsvstvakkq.jpg

Great pictures Terry! It is much too cold here for me to venture out with Frances. A walk to the mailbox down the street has left me with icy fingers. I would not even be able to handle the shutter button.

Reflecting on J's observation that people yearn for what others' have and don't want what they do have, I think some further clarification is required for my "yearnings". The only thing I would want to trade from my life is the climate I have to deal with. I love the other three seasons we get here! Winter is just the bane of my existence. My body has no tolerance for the cold, my bones have become a little fragile and ice presents a challenge to my navigation. I have had enough! I can appreciate that others would enjoy the novelty and the excitement of a new experience. I hope that they get the chance! :) For me, the familiarity has bred contempt.

Hello Coolers [emoji4]

Thanks for all your good wishes, feel as though I've been away longer than l have!

I've had a fabulous time and all on board was well as far as l was concerned....there were of course the usual moaners and groaners but hey ho!

I have to admit to being very lazy on this voyage and only ventured ashore just once in Mykonos........I really needed to re charge the batteries and that's exactly what l did.

First part of the trip weather wise was rather dull and at times rainy but it all perked up eventually so one could enjoy the sun. The ship wasn't full so it never felt crowded.

I see your posts about breakfast.....I ate in suite every morning...just fresh fruit and cereal with coffee...the in room tea is dire, water never hot enough. I did however become hooked on Earl Grey which tickled my tastebuds in the afternoon.

Lunch was taken most days on the pool deck, l like the salads topped with grilled chicken which l had without the heavy bun!

Being the common gal that l is l didn't indulge in the fresh tuna Jeff posted a pic of as l really don't like it. I did however lower the tone by asking for a tinned tuna salad [emoji15] also at the deck buffet they served a very good chilli.

Dinner in the restaurant was consistently good...still don't like to see hamburgers on the dinner menu but other choices were in abundance so no problem at all as was ordering off menu. Dined in La T twice and the food was excellent...l became quite adventurous on one occasion and had the Wild Boar Stew which was the best stew I had ever tasted.

Service was excellent in all areas apart from one day on deck when the crew seemed to be on a go slow.

I got hooked on espresso martinis this time so made those my noon indulgences....once or twice indulging more than l should have!

On a drama note...a fellow pax decided to collapse right in front of me one day but crew were quick to respond and did well until the Dr arrived...l also almost got stuck in the elevator....a worst nightmare for me but at least the doors opened so l could escape....and l flew out like lightening l can tell you! I noticed the did beast was out of service for the rest of the trip....phew!

So back down to earth with a thud....next voyage April for the crossing...plenty of time to replenish the closet...[emoji16]

Apologies for the sketchy report.....I'm not very good......

Sophia[emoji5]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great pictures Terry! It is much too cold here for me to venture out with Frances. A walk to the mailbox down the street has left me with icy fingers. I would not even be able to handle the shutter button.

Reflecting on J's observation that people yearn for what others' have and don't want what they do have, I think some further clarification is required for my "yearnings". The only thing I would want to trade from my life is the climate I have to deal with. I love the other three seasons we get here! Winter is just the bane of my existence. My body has no tolerance for the cold, my bones have become a little fragile and ice presents a challenge to my navigation. I have had enough! I can appreciate that others would enjoy the novelty and the excitement of a new experience. I hope that they get the chance! :) For me, the familiarity has bred contempt.

The place in Florida where we're winterizing has a large Canadian contingent, maybe you should try following the geese.

Sophia - welcome home! The cruise sounds a bit quiet for my taste but glad you enjoyed yourself. Glad the food was for the most part, good. Between broken elevators and passengers on the deck, sounds dramatic! Hope your next cruise is not as exciting in that regard.

The place in Florida where we're winterizing has a large Canadian contingent, maybe you should try following the geese.

I would love to Mark! Just waiting for Myster to retire. He was supposed to take that leap at the end of this year but has decided to go part-time for a year instead. Those geese are troublesome but they know where to get warm! :)

Mark, the election results are starting to come beginning on the east coast where the polls recently closed. The talking heads are saying that the Bloc Quebecois is hoping to improve their seat count to 12 from the current 2. In the House of Commons, a party must have at least 12 seats to be recognized as an official party. Recognition means that the party will get time to ask questions during question period (proportional to the number of seats) and money for research and staff (also proportional to the number of seats).

hello all.

Welcome back Sophia.

Glad to hear cruise went well, albeit with a little drama.

Wow to election results.

Envious of the cold weather and imbibing of punch to warm up.

We have had the usual wind and a little cooler temperature. The stars and constellations have been twinkly bright in the dark night sky.

Hope all looked at link to the Muse.

Getting ready to think about packing. November is almost here and we are off to Barcelona to get aboard the Spirit!

Thanks for the welcome back.

You're starting the festive season early Jeffers...[emoji6] love the look of that punch...but l can't drink rum...sends me loopy....or did, l haven't drunk the stuff since l was 21!

Workmen in again today fitting new front and back doors...looking good thus far and I'll feel a lot safer when it's all done as the old ones were really ancient.

Just a ready meal for luncheon once they've all left me in peace!

Sophia [emoji4]

Thanks for the welcome back.

You're starting the festive season early Jeffers...[emoji6] love the look of that punch...but l can't drink rum...sends me loopy....or did, l haven't drunk the stuff since l was 21!

Just a ready meal for luncheon once they've all left me in peace!

Sophia [emoji4]

Good Afternoon Soapy.

I'm afraid the game is already up for you. Whilst you were away, I told them you were as common as muck, with your housecoat, rollers and fags and ash and everything ... and you rather gave the game away when you said you wouldn't eat that poor Terry Tuna with those pleadin' eyes and requested Tinned Tuna for your Nicoise instead. :eek:

I like a gal who can't take her Rum! :D

Waiting for wifey to get back from her raids on the shops. If she doesn't get back soon the punch will be gone ....

:)

Jeff

Jeffers!!! How could you do that to me......just call me Fag Ash Lil Lady Muck while l strive to keep my Ladyship title....ye gads [emoji6][emoji16]

Mrs J won't be a happy bunny if you sup all that punch.....could be a bit of a bad day for you if you don't behave...[emoji12]

S[emoji5]

Mysty,

Your new Prime Minister when he was a little younger

3673432.jpg?size=640x420

Thanks Mark! We didn't have to wait long last night to get a feel for the Liberal tsunami that was racing across the country. Results are not released for each province until the polls close there and with 4 different times zones in place sometimes it is a long wait. By the time I went to bed at 11:00, the talking heads had declared a majority Liberal government. There are 338 seats in our House and 170 seats required to form a majority. This morning the numbers are:

Liberal - 184

Conservative - 99

NDP - 44

Bloc - 10

Green - 1

She has mixed feelings. Though she agrees more with the policies of the Liberal party than the Conservatives, and is happy to see Harper go, she may lose her job because a lot of what she's doing depends on TPP and CETA. She's working for an NGO that represents the Alberta cattle industry and without those agreements, sales drop, funding dries up, her job may disappear... We shall see!

She is a character though. How many formally trained opera singers also box competitively?

WOW JP! You have a really cool family! I hope things work out for your sister! My son now lives in Calgary. The oil price drop was hard enough but if the beef industry suffers as well that could get ugly! I have mixed feelings as well. The Conservative platform was kinder to the seniors than the Liberal approach. The Tax Free Savings Account was helpful for seniors with little or no pensions and the pension-splitting option was also a good thing. We may lose both.