Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Two

CC Help Michell

Ahhh

Lux is back.

I thought there was something wrong with that guy, but didn't know what it was.

Good Morning Spins,

Whatever that problem is, the only viable solution is to ignore .... that will probably have the desired outcome! :)

A long day here with #2 son. We won't be seeing him over Christmas so I did him a full Christmas lunch today. He misses my food. The highlight home made chestnut stuffing!

Jeff

Here are a few shots. No tripod, and just snapped a few in between eating dinner, much to Chris' amusement... Did not have time to play much with exposure settings, so that's what we're stuck with!

The color was incredible as the moon rose through the trees. I liked how blurry the branches were in this shot, though the orb is badly overexposed. Still, that allows you to capture the color of the sky:

DSC_2566.JPG

Here are a few more as I progressively dialed down the exposure time:

DSC_2571.JPG

Just enough clouds to make it interesting:

DSC_2577.JPG

And one near-perfect exposure!

DSC_2581.JPG

Guess I'll watch a little baseball. I can't get very interested these days, but I suppose I should take a look!

Mark, thanks for starting my morning off with a giggle! :) Yes, what I meant to say was the view of our shared moon from JP's location was more spectacular than our view. Although sometimes it does feel like I live on another planet. :)

Mysty,

My brother emailed me a bunch of old photos today. I thought you mind find this one interesting as it demonstrates the devotion to duty policeman have in Ontario...

Police-officer-guarding-Galt-Ontario-pharmacy-in-waist-high-flood-waters-May-17-1974.jpg

It is merely a Canada Undry recognising that his daily vitamins are more important than fretting about damp socks. If he was a Mounty he would of course be higher in more than one sense of the word.

:)

Jeff

Thanks for thinking of me Mark! Dedication is our middle name! Although dedicated to what exactly, I am not at liberty to say. :)

We are expecting the remnants of Patricia to arrive here around noon. Not very excited to see her though.

Canada Undry to be sure J! Patricia is due to arrive soon. We are well used to soggy socks. For some reason we did not take the concept of wellies with us when we left the motherland.

The Mounties on horseback are only a subset of the force. :) You are right that they would be higher in more ways than one. :)