Carnival Sunshine 8/8/15 8 day sailing review with pics

jimbo5544

Thanks for reading (and viewing) it. It was a labor of love!

Thanks for the great review and taking the time to post all the great pictures you took. Loved seeing all ther pictures of the Captain's Suite. I have been on the Sunshine many times, as I love the ship. Have stayed in interior, aft extended balcony cabins, aft wrap cabins and ocean suites. Next week I will be in the Captain Suite and can hardly wait. I was glad to hear that it was cool; I like cool. Is there a regular refrigerator to put water/soda in? Or just the stocked mini-bar?

Thanks again for your great review. Now, I'm even more excited for this cruise!

Thanks for the great review and taking the time to post all the great pictures you took. Loved seeing all ther pictures of the Captain's Suite. I have been on the Sunshine many times, as I love the ship. Have stayed in interior, aft extended balcony cabins, aft wrap cabins and ocean suites. Next week I will be in the Captain Suite and can hardly wait. I was glad to hear that it was cool; I like cool. Is there a regular refrigerator to put water/soda in? Or just the stocked mini-bar?

Thanks again for your great review. Now, I'm even more excited for this cruise!

You will love the CS! Which side are you on? Yes, there is a stocked mini-frig, same as cabins on Spirit, Conquest and Dream class ships. Enjoy it!

Do you know if there is a spa in the Spa?

I really appreciate the umbrellas on Serenity deck.

If you mean a thalassotherepy spa like they have on the Dream class and Splendor, then the answer is no. We sure enjoyed the umbrellas in Serenity.

I am sure we are going to love it. We are in 9115. Thanks for the reply.

Ah, you are on the other side. My daughter and her family will be in that (the one you are staying in) room in February. We will be in a balcony 3 down the hall. Wanted them to feel special as opposed to us taking the other CS.

• 5 months later...
Around 12:30 we headed in for our first real lunch and decided to get a Guy's burger for the first time on this cruise. We were surprised that there was not much of a line. As a matter of fact, the line at Guy's was the shortest for this entire cruise compared to the other ships we have been on that have had a Guy's burger bar. Form our vantage point, this was a great addition by Carnival, while we don't eat a lot of them, we really enjoy them.

After getting our food, we wandered back to our normal area back by the Havana bar to eat. After eating we went back up to the Serenity area until late afternoon when we needed to get ready for the first cruise elegant night. At dinner the night before, Joesef the maitre'd mentioned that there would be to shorts allowed and the crowd, from what we could see, complied. Having been around Carnival a good while, we are the older crew who still enjoy dressing up (but I really don't mind others who don't).

During dinner we discussed what everyone was doing and one in our group said, we have to go the main show all together. I am hit or miss on the main show entertainment, while I enjoy it (not nearly as much as my wife) I would not lose a lot of sleep if I missed a show.;) I asked why we had to go as a group and was told where have you been (when I heard the reason why tho.....I had to agree).

We live in a small gown outside New Haven CT. It seems (actually it was) that one of our own was in the then current Playlist Production group that was on the Sunshine (they left the ship with us as their contract was up). Not only that, but she used to live right next door to one of our cruisers (the one who mentioned it) and two others in our group (who are teachers) had taught her. Her parents had been on the sailing two sailings before, but she did not know we were coming.

That is so neat...now you have me double dipping on Jimbo reviews..My dad is Jim...thanks for nice last comments on him and G.C., ..now I am happier about this ship..I love it all..ready to try some other lines but just love it all..change is the great attitude adjustment we all have to have...but sounds like this was not the flop many feared. also sounds like music and different food venues are just great...I just need a ship with any of the new things..like the pub, or Mixology even..just a few differences...whatever is a place i want to go at a good deal...on a fairly good mainstream ship with at least an outside window..I really want to enjoy the view again however small from my cabin...that will be a great jump for me....last few have been inside.

Edited by sjn911

That is so neat...now you have me double dipping on Jimbo reviews..My dad is Jim...thanks for nice last comments on him and G.C., ..now I am happier about this ship..I love it all..ready to try some other lines but just love it all..change is the great attitude adjustment we all have to have...but sounds like this was not the flop many feared. also sounds like music and different food venues are just great...I just need a ship with any of the new things..like the pub, or Mixology even..just a few differences...whatever is a place i want to go at a good deal...on a fairly good mainstream ship with at least an outside window..I really want to enjoy the view again however small from my cabin...that will be a great jump for me....last few have been inside.

Thanks Sarah! I don't think you will go wrong. Let me know what you decide.

So I think that I am pretty much done with this diatribe. ;) For those of you who stuck it out with me, thanks for joining me on the ride. Happy cruising!

Thank you for the review and all the great tips!! I can't wait to go now in...160 days!!! :eek::D

Jimbo5544,

We are considering the Sunshine. Most reviews we have read people make comments about rough seas. Do you think this is more the size of the ship or was it weather related.

We have cruise the Pride and Miracle and the only time the better have has gotten sea sick was the first Spirit class ship cruise we took.

We live in a small gown outside New Haven CT.

We are neighbors. I am really enjoying this review. I'm getting more excited for my July sailing by the page here. Can't wait to finish reading your most recent review. And your photos are awesome. Just bought myself a new camera so I can get some good shots on this trip.

Jimbo5544,

We are considering the Sunshine. Most reviews we have read people make comments about rough seas. Do you think this is more the size of the ship or was it weather related.

We have cruise the Pride and Miracle and the only time the better have has gotten sea sick was the first Spirit class ship cruise we took.

While certainly not an expert, my guess it has much more to do with the time of year that you cruise. We have found that winter months are rougher windier than other times of year.