Question about Guaranty assignments

I have searched for this answer and couldn't find it...

What should we expect as far as timing for notification of cabin assignment when we booked and paid for a Guaranty? Is there a typical time frame -- either approximate days after booking or days before the sail date that we should expect to receive the cabin assignment? What have others experienced?

Thanks very much!!

There is no typical. You could be assigned anytime between today and the day you sail. Just keep checking Royal's website to see if a stateroom has been assigned.

If you don't know your assignment before you arrive at the pier, the porters can look up your stateroom on the manifest and create luggage tags for you.

Edited by clarea

We have used guarantees on several sailings and to us, there is no simple answer. Assignments have been made as short as 5 days after booking and as long as 40 days before sailing. One hint, after you receive a cabin assignment is a particular category, if you find a cabin you prefer in that very same category, RCCL usually will make the change if you request it

This is our first RCCL (always done Disney) but I booked yesterday and when I looked this morning our room was assigned. Not sure if they can change it or not later, I still have a lot of research to do for Royal :) Oh and our cruise is 5/29/16.

I believe they can change the stateroom, but I've not heard of that happening to anyone.

I believe they can change the stateroom, but I've not heard of that happening to anyone.
Booked a Gauranteed stateroom on Serenade this year and found out when we were getting our set sail passes that we had been upgraded. First time ever after a slew of cruises!....:)

Booked a Gauranteed stateroom on Serenade this year and found out when we were getting our set sail passes that we had been upgraded. First time ever after a slew of cruises!....:)

Had they assigned a stateroom and then changed it?

Real bummer. I kept calling ahead but to no avail. Cabin was not that good. Probably did not want to let us know ahead of time so we could not bitch about it.

Other times....once immediately after we booked to a couple of weeks or months.

Have done well but also wound up with things like handicapped cabins and blocked view balconys.

I always make sure the price is worth the gamble.

I called and changed our Ocean View rooms to Balcony guarantees in July for a October cruise on Jewel. We received $80 back per room. About 2 weeks later we were assigned 2 superior balcony cabins next to each other. I had expected deluxe balcony cabins with obstructed views far apart from each other so was very pleasantly surprised. When I called about another matter, the phone rep. at Royal told me that once a cabin is assigned, they don't change it. Hope she is correct.

Edited by msvickyes