Liberty vs Navigator

Hello all.

We have an upcoming cruise in December on the Liberty which is replacing the Navigator out of Galveston. We've cruised the past 2 Decembers on the Navigator and really enjoyed the ship overall.

Besides the Saturday Night Fever show, what differences (Good and Bad) can we expect on this ship?

I appreciate any insight.

Edited by ThirstonHowell

Hello all.

We have an upcoming cruise in December on the Liberty which is replacing the Navigator out of Galveston. We've cruised the past 2 Decembers on the Navigator and really enjoyed the ship overall.

Besides the Saturday Night Fever show, what differences (Good and Bad) can we expect on this ship?

Liberty has the H2O zone for the kids, and also has Sorrento's on the Royal Promenade, and Portofino. Liberty is missing Izumi. Giovanni's, and Sabor.

Does anyone know if it will get same restaurants as Naviagtor after refurbish in early 2016??

It will probably get Giovanni's and Sabor. Don't know about Izumi, because Freedom didn't get that.

Liberty has the H2O zone for the kids, and also has Sorrento's on the Royal Promenade, and Portofino. Liberty is missing Izumi. Giovanni's, and Sabor.

ack,. no sushi?! well that sucks. I really enjoyed the sushi making class on NAV

ack,. no sushi?! well that sucks. I really enjoyed the sushi making class on NAV

They would still have the "free" sushi in the Jade section of WJ at dinner time, but I realize that would be not the same quality sushi as Izumi.

Hello all.

Like you, we've been on the Navigator the last three years in December and are booked on the Liberty this coming December. We love the Navigator but we're looking forward to being on the Liberty! :D

Edited by Ladysilver

Love them both! My and my girlfriend are away back on Liberty next week!

I did think the Navigator was a little more crowded for some reason, maybe because we were on it during school holidays!

Happy Cruising :)

We sail on Navigator over Thanksgiving this year and expect that it will be a very full sailing. That is fine....we always seem to be doing things at different hours to most of the crowds, at least for dining. The pool deck and chairs are always a little challenging...but we find what we need.

Looking forward to revisiting Navigator since our last and first cruise on her was in 2004.

Izumi one night for dinner for sure.