CRUISE REVIEW: Holy Land Cruise on Silhouette - One of our best cruises ever!!!

Miaminice

We were on three same cruise last year with you and reading your review remind me of our wonderful trip. We did nearly the same things as you did. In fact, we saw the same wedding! Your photography skills are enviable :). Great job!

Great review and wonderful photos. I especially like the ones with cats in them. :)

Also curious to know what camera you're using. Thanks!

Hello from Rhodes!

Thank you!

I use a Canon Eos 70D with different lenses.

Oliver

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @ all!

Thank you all for your kind words here on CC and the amazing feedback on our website!

We just returned from another wonderful cruise with Celebrity - this time on Reflection. It was amazing.

It will take a few weeks to sort all the pictures and write a review. As soon as it is done we will post it here on CC.

Thanks again!

Oliver

A journey filled with cultural highlights, overwhelming history and Italian Dolce Vita. Plus the beautiful Silhouette and her fabulous crew as the icing on the cake.

Starting in Rome with an overnight in Jerusalem this was one of our best cruises ever!!!

Please read our photo filled review on our private homepage. Take your time, sit back and relax. Immerse into the story and travel to places with us that at some points felt like a different world.

http://www.travelandcruise.net/travellove_en/Our-Trips/Holy-Land-Cruise-01/holy-land-cruise-01.html

Hope you enjoy it! Let us know if you did!

Oliver & Birgit

We were on the Silhouette's first cruise to the Holy Land when she was knew. Fell in love with her. This is an amazing review which brought back some wonderful memories.... and reminded us of why we loved Celebrity at that time. Thank you

We did a similar itinerary back in 2009, but at the time we also managed to visit Egypt and got to Cairo to see the pyramids. Your photos are amazing and brought back happy memories of our 2 days in Israel which we absolutely loved. We had a private tour guide ( Joe Yudin from Touring Israel) and they were honestly the best two days excursions we have ever had, and we have done quite a few cruises now. He took us all over and our children still remember it all so well and with such happy memories - as you say, it is just so amazing to be there that the images are ingrained for a long time. If you are thinking about doing this itinerary I would highly recommend it.

Thank you so much for the outstanding review with great photos. I have just started looking at the Israel section, since we are planning to go on a similar cruise next year. I will look at the rest later; but am certainly enjoying it. Which lenses did you use with your Canon on the cruise?

Thank you so much for the outstanding review with great photos. I have just started looking at the Israel section, since we are planning to go on a similar cruise next year. I will look at the rest later; but am certainly enjoying it. Which lenses did you use with your Canon on the cruise?

Thanks Mike!

For most of the inside shots I used the Canon EF-S 17-55mm 1:2,8 IS USM lens.

On that cruise I also had a Sigma 18-200mm lens with me which I might have used for some images. I replaced that one with the new Tamron 16-300mm which is pretty good for a lens with that range.

My dream is to buy one of the Canon L lenses... 70-300mm or even 28-300mm. But up till now I rather spent the money on cruises :-)

Thanks again for you kind words!

Oliver

BTW: we will be on the same cruise in May 2016 - Iceland on Elipse

My goodness, we are on the same cruise in May. I didn't even realize it. I also have the 17-55 S 2.8; but never take it on vacations, since it is so heavy. My Canon 15-85, is my main lens for my 7D. If your Tamron 16-300 was the main outdoor lens you used, it did a great job. I would like to get a larger range without having to change to my Canon 70-300 non-L lens. See you in May on the Eclipse.

Mike, are you planning on taking Constellation next year by any chance? Would love to meet you and Carol on the October 23 cruise. I guess you finally convinced her. It is a great itinerary from Istanbul. Anne

Mike, are you planning on taking Constellation next year by any chance? Would love to meet you and Carol on the October 23 cruise. I guess you finally convinced her. It is a great itinerary from Istanbul. Anne

I am looking at the Oct 21, 2016 Constellation cruise; but Carol isn't convinced yet. I will probably book it while on our Equinox TA next month. Hopefully Oliver's review will help convince her to join me. :) I hope we get to do it and meet you too.