Pillow chocolates

msh711

So it is my understanding that the chocolate on the pillows is no longer a thing. I am bummed because this is only our second cruise (first with carnival) and the first with the kiddos (18 & 15) and the kids thought it was a neat when I told them they do this. So I wonder if I provided the chocolate and a tip if my cabin steward would place them for the kiddos?

So it is my understanding that the chocolate on the pillows is no longer a thing. I am bummed because this is only our second cruise (first with carnival) and the first with the kiddos (18 & 15) and the kids thought it was a neat when I told them they do this. So I wonder if I provided the chocolate and a tip if my cabin steward would place them for the kiddos?

Probably.

But why not just place them yourself.

You can only ask. With an extra tip provided, he/she just may agree to do that for you. Wouldn't really be all that much trouble, as they do still provide the towel animals.

As far as you doing it yourself, I imagine the kiddos would be back in the cabin with you, and would see you placing them. You want to surprise them, by having them there when you return.

Edited by GranysT

You can only ask. With an extra tip provided, he/she just may agree to do that for you. Wouldn't really be all that much trouble, as they do still provide the towel animals.

As far as you doing it yourself, I imagine the kiddos would be back in the cabin with you, and would see you placing them. You want to surprise them, by having them there when you return.

I wish they'd dump the towl animals and give back the chocolates.

Ok, the 18 year old is an adult, and the 15 year old? Why not just tell them the truth, the candy fairy was downsized!:D

Ever since they changed the candies some years back (they use to have that choc/mint taste) we don't miss them. I just always saved them thru the week and brought them home for the grandkids because they liked them. I remember one trip asking our steward for a few extra to take home and he gave us and ENTIRE BAG!!!

I wish they'd dump the towl animals and give back the chocolates.

I want my towels animals AND pillow chocolate if I'm with carnival!! Disney pillow chocolate sucks. The other cruise lines didn't leave me my towel animals everynight. I don't ask much, I don't even expect great service or great food with carnival, I know I can't compare it to Disney. But I want my silly towel animals

BUT the last ones we had were the chocolate mint ones, I've been looking forward to those.

Fine. (yes, i'm pouting), i'll buy a box and Andre's chocolate mints and still enjoy. :D

Thanks everyone. I just wanted that bit of extra luxury to make the trip special. They will certainly know I provided the chocolate. Just seemed like a nice way to make it memorable. With my son recently graduated and starting college in the spring and my daughter starting high school I feel like this may be our last opportunity to have a real family vacation with just the four of us. I am certainly open to any other suggestions to make it special for them. They have never been anywhere except to visit family so this is a big deal to us. Thanks :)

Again I will reiterate. I don't expect them to not know I provided the chocolate. I just thought it would be a nice thing. A bit of luxury if you will, that would add to the experience....sigh

Again I will reiterate. I don't expect them to not know I provided the chocolate. I just thought it would be a nice thing. A bit of luxury if you will, that would add to the experience....sigh

Welcome to cruise critic. I think its a sweet idea for your family. I plan on sneaking into the grandkids cabins and leaving nightly gifts from the on board shops or ports. As long as they enjoy it, I enjoy it.

Thanks everyone. I just wanted that bit of extra luxury to make the trip special. They will certainly know I provided the chocolate. Just seemed like a nice way to make it memorable. With my son recently graduated and starting college in the spring and my daughter starting high school I feel like this may be our last opportunity to have a real family vacation with just the four of us. I am certainly open to any other suggestions to make it special for them. They have never been anywhere except to visit family so this is a big deal to us. Thanks :)

Take a look at some of the gifts you can order from the Fun Shops at Carnival.com and have waiting for them when you board. Even the Bon Voyage room decorations they might find really fun. I order a surprise for my DH every time we cruise; it's pretty much a tradition now. I hope you have a terrific time; what a great treat for your kids!

You are taking them on a cruise. I think that would be experience enough.

For me the chocolate on the pillow was never a big deal. Took 2 cruises to notice they didn't do it anymore. They candy was horrible and just got dumped in the trash anyway.

If you think putting a chocolate on their pillow that they know you brought will add to their fun, I don't see why the steward would not do it for you. Just put them in a drawer and tell them where they are.

Heck, my kids are in their 30's and do not believe in the Easter Bunny, but they still get an Easter basket. Instead of being filled with bunnies and candy it is not filled with socks and batteries and such, and instead of a basket, it is something useful like a large bowl or a laundry basket, but I think they would be very disappointed not to get that "basket".

Welcome to cruise critic. I think its a sweet idea for your family. I plan on sneaking into the grandkids cabins and leaving nightly gifts from the on board shops or ports. As long as they enjoy it, I enjoy it.

I do this! On Disney they were 'tinker bell' gifts. On carnival they we be left by 'cat in the hat' :D

She's three. It's fun. And it's all stuff she'll need/use anyway. Last cruise: new swimsuit & towel, mlp soap, a few small coloring/crafts toys.

This time I have a few Dr. Suess stuff from target $ spot (picked up on clearance for .10 to .30). A cup with straw, a notebook, Little bucket and pail, a ball, crayon's, a few little travel games/puzzles, Elsa sunblock, a craft wand/crown. The night before the dr. suess breakfast, I'll leave out our dr. suess hats and her tutu (that I have to make still).

Part of the fun is the 'extras'. All cost way less than a set from Carnival, and less than stuff from the gift shop. this also prevents the 'i wants' and 'can i haves' in ports/shops.

I like the idea about having the steward leave them each night. I never even ate the chocolates, but miss them anyway. My husband would collect them all (my son doesn't eat them either) and he would have one each night and bring the others home. He would have them each night until they were gone!

My son is 23 now. We were lucky enough to be able to make a family vacation a priority each year. We ALL have great memories of the vacations. If you have a little extra money, you can order things from the fun shops and have it delivered at different intervals of the cruise. You can order cotton candy for $4, cookies for $6, flip flops for $8! Lots of fun stuff! When you order it you can specify when and where you want it delivered. You can order a cake for $10 and they will deliver it to the MDR and sing to you.

Enjoy your cruise!!!!