Booking your next cruise on the ship

kandj05

I just booked a B2B for next June. My question is, what is the procedure if I want to have it "booked again" on the ship so I get the OBC? Do they just cancel my current booking and rebook it? And, yes, I will be only doing this if the price is about the same and has not increased.

I just booked a B2B for next June. My question is, what is the procedure if I want to have it "booked again" on the ship so I get the OBC? Do they just cancel my current booking and rebook it? And, yes, I will be only doing this if the price is about the same and has not increased.

You are correct, you would have to cancel and re-book to get the perks from booking on board.

Does Royal Carribean allow someone(without reservations) to board from the passenger terminal if the ship is not at capacity as long as documentation, passports and payment are in hand? Heard of this being done in the past.

Does Royal Carribean allow someone(without reservations) to board from the passenger terminal if the ship is not at capacity as long as documentation, passports and payment are in hand? Heard of this being done in the past.

As you have said, it depends on the ship's capacity. This is something you would have to check with RCI about.

Edited by cruisenfever

The short answer is . . . No.

The TLAs (Three Letter Agencies - TSA, CBP, ICE, etc.) require passenger manifests in advance of sailing. They need time to process and clear each passenger before releasing the ship.

Yes, it used to be you could simply show up at the terminal; suitcase, passport, cash in hand and hope for a "space available" cabin.

That changed after September 11th, 2001. I sincerely doubt that it will EVER return.

Edited by Calgon1

I believe the Homeland Security people want 24 hour notice of the cruise manifest. Perhaps some countries outside the US would allow it.

The short answer is . . . No.

TSA requires passenger manifests in advance of sailing. They need time to process and clear each passenger before releasing the ship.

Yes, it used to be you could simply show up at the terminal; suitcase, passport, cash in hand and hope for a "space available" cabin.

That changed after September 11th, 2001. I sincerely doubt that it will EVER return.

Everyone must be checked-in 90 minutes prior to departure and that is when the Manifest is submitted. So, if there is cabin availability, one would have to seek out the Pier Coordinator.

From the RCI website;

Royal Caribbean International requires guests to be checked in no later than 60 minutes prior to the scheduled sailing time*. Guests arriving late will not be permitted to sail. This supports government regulations in some ports that require cruise lines to submit a departure manifest 60 minutes prior to sailing. Guests are requested to complete Online Check-In no later than 3 days prior to the cruise in order to expedite the pier check-in process.

*Some sailings may require an earlier check-in time. Please refer to your Guest Vacation Documents for specific information. s.gif

Edited by cruisenfever

Anyone know what on board offers they have right now? Cruising in a couple weeks, and may want to book something onboard. I know it's usually OBC...how much? And what deposits are required?

OBC amounts are the same as deposits now. Note that the numbers are per stateroom.

•5-7 night cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $50

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $100

◦Grand Suite and above: $200

•8-10 night cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $100

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $150

◦Grand Suite and above: $300

•11-14 night cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $150

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $200

◦Grand Suite and above: $400

•15 nights or longer cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $200

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $250

◦Grand Suite and above: $500

Edited by clarea

Anyone know what on board offers they have right now? Cruising in a couple weeks, and may want to book something onboard. I know it's usually OBC...how much? And what deposits are required?

In addition to what Bob has stated, they will apply whatever promotion is going on at the time. When I booked on board a couple of weeks ago, I got the $150 onboard credit (applied it to that cruise - my planner asked me which I wanted it applied to, but from reports on here some assume you want it for the cruise you are on and you have to remind them it can go towards the future cruise if you want that) - additionally the BOGO pricing was applied, I got the $50 stateroom credit (for the upcoming cruise) from their summer 2016 deal and a $25 credit from something that I'm fuzzy on what it is. I guess it's possible that it is the "free gift" for booking during the first three days of the cruise that was mentioned in the Compass - as I clearly booked on Day 2 and no "gift" ever turned up in my stateroom.

So all in all I got the BOGO pricing and $225 in onboard credit, $150 of which I was able to use on the Radiance and $75 I will have when I step on the Brilliance next summer (though I could have kept all $225 for the Brilliance cruise had I wanted).

Thanks Bob! Also...if we book we can have people TBD correct? And are the deposits per stateroom? Or per person?

The numbers posted above are per stateroom.

I believe you can still book guests as TBD, but if they don't allow that, just pick any name and birthdate. You can change the names later, as long as one of the original names stays the same.