Buying a gift for someone on a cruise?

Lovetotravel2014

Is it possible to buy something from the cruise line to be delivered to someone on a cruise? My mom and her husband have been. Very generous to me and my husband and they've taken us on one of their trips every year. When we are with them on a cruise we buy a gift once on board and give it to them sometimes a specialty restaurant dinner or nice bottle of wine, once we even did chocolate covered strawberries.

We won't be joining them on this cruise but I'd still like to get them something to be delivered to their cabin. Is that possible with Holland America? If it is possible what do you recommend? And how would I do this?

Is it possible to buy something from the cruise line to be delivered to someone on a cruise? My mom and her husband have been. Very generous to me and my husband and they've taken us on one of their trips every year. When we are with them on a cruise we buy a gift once on board and give it to them sometimes a specialty restaurant dinner or nice bottle of wine, once we even did chocolate covered strawberries.

We won't be joining them on this cruise but I'd still like to get them something to be delivered to their cabin. Is that possible with Holland America? If it is possible what do you recommend? And how would I do this?

If you know their booking number, you can actually do it on line.

Otherwise, if you call ship excursions, I think they will arrange it for you.

You probably know them better than anyone. You could order flowers, do a bon voyage package, bottle of wine, PG dinner or just give them obc even.

There are various gifts there as well as stuff like Beverage Cards which are also helpful.

If you know their booking number, you can actually do it on line.

Otherwise, if you call ship excursions, I think they will arrange it for you.

You probably know them better than anyone. You could order flowers, do a bon voyage package, bottle of wine, PG dinner or just give them obc even.

There are various gifts there as well as stuff like Beverage Cards which are also helpful.

Kazu is right!

So easy to do!

That is a very nice idea to do.

You could do a couples massage too!

We enjoyed that on our last cruise.

Denise:)

I have done it for friends on HAL, Princess and RC. I did not have booking numbers for any of them but called the cruise lines and arranged it that way. I would suggest asking for an email confirmation of the order and somehow give it to your parents (maybe with instructions to open it once they are on board); back in 2007 a friend bought us a gift on the Amsterdam but the ship had no record of it. She checked with us about it during the cruise so we went to the front desk to inquire. It went unresolved during the cruise and the friend was reimbursed. Since then I have to say we have received gifts on HAL from friends since the without any issues (and they did not give us any confirmation email prints)

Won't they see it when they look at their booking on-line? Could spoil a nice surprise.

no they don't see it. I have ordered before and the gift did not show on their booking or their itinerary.

I have done it for friends on HAL, Princess and RC. I did not have booking numbers for any of them but called the cruise lines and arranged it that way. I would suggest asking for an email confirmation of the order and somehow give it to your parents (maybe with instructions to open it once they are on board); back in 2007 a friend bought us a gift on the Amsterdam but the ship had no record of it. She checked with us about it during the cruise so we went to the front desk to inquire. It went unresolved during the cruise and the friend was reimbursed. Since then I have to say we have received gifts on HAL from friends since the without any issues (and they did not give us any confirmation email prints)

I agree that you should tell the recipient of a gift. We were given an OBC by friends, and although we got the card, the OBC didn't show up on our account. They never did "find" it, and our friends were reimbursed. If the card had fallen through the cracks, too, we would never have known about the gift, as it was a surprise.

I had some friends call me after they boarded the ship and I managed to buy them a Pinacle Grill Lunch on the cruise they had just boarded. I just called Ships Services and gave their names. They received the lunch without any problems.

You don't need their booking number. I just bought a beverage card for a friend last Friday that was leaving Saturday by calling HAL and asking for Ship Services, which may be HAL's internal name for the Excursion Dept. I gave the nice lady the name and the departure port and she had it in seconds. It does take 24-48 hours to get the gift certificate dropped off to them per the lady that helped me.