FReedom Resort Day Passes ???

Hi,

Our cruise is getting closer, and we're looking at a couple excursions. My husband and I have decided to perhaps do a Resort Day via RCCL.

I have closely read the description for the Rose Hall Beach Day & Water Park. I'm just not sure if we can swim in their "fresh water pools". Can we use the lounges around the pool/resort??

I also have the same questions for the Jewel A.I. Beach Break & WaterPark. I see we can get lounges on the "white sandy beach" and "access" to the WaterPark.

When we do land vacations, we wouldn't appreciate people coming in everyday on a "day pass". So, I can understand if our resort time is really just hanging at a beach.

We don't drink alcohol, so the all u can drink isn't a selling point. Would the Red Stripe Beach be an option? I like the pool/beach/service beach day idea. Any ideas or information on my questions?

Thanks!

:). Bobbi P.

Hi,

Our cruise is getting closer, and we're looking at a couple excursions. My husband and I have decided to perhaps do a Resort Day via RCCL.

I have closely read the description for the Rose Hall Beach Day & Water Park. I'm just not sure if we can swim in their "fresh water pools". Can we use the lounges around the pool/resort??

I also have the same questions for the Jewel A.I. Beach Break & WaterPark. I see we can get lounges on the "white sandy beach" and "access" to the WaterPark.

When we do land vacations, we wouldn't appreciate people coming in everyday on a "day pass". So, I can understand if our resort time is really just hanging at a beach.

We don't drink alcohol, so the all u can drink isn't a selling point. Would the Red Stripe Beach be an option? I like the pool/beach/service beach day idea. Any ideas or information on my questions?

Thanks!

:). Bobbi P.

See the high price that they get for those excursions?

You get FULL access. (always excludes motorized water sports, everywhere)

And yes, sometimes the "guests of the hotel" don't appreciate the cruise ship guests. This doesn't stop the hotel management from selling the day passes. :D

Hi,

Yes, I do see the prices. I also see the prices that RCCL charges for day cabanas, iceberg climbing, going on one very long zip line , etc etc in

Labadee. So price seems to be irrelevant to RCCL and activities. IMO.

I'll go back and re-read the Day Pass excursion on these resorts. Perhaps my eye skipped over the "full access" portion. Of the description.

Bobbi

Do a google search...most things are VERY doable on your own, without going thru the ship...cheaper, too.

Research your ports. The ship's excursions are for things that are time intensive or for folks who know NOTHING about where they're going. Research saves you BIG $$$$

Hi again,

I went over to Resort For A Day and the Hilton Rose Hall. It specifically tells you w hat the day includes...Full Access to Hilton Pools, Hilton Private Beach, Beach chairs, loungers, towels, R/T transfers from Falmouth Cruise Port, etc etc

I talked with my hubby and we'll book with them. I carefully re-read RCCL and it dos not specify exactly what IS included.

It's a bit cheaper though R.F.A.D. Too. This will be our 1st visit to Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Labadee. So, ya, wanted something "to do". Have had several land vacations on Cozumel. We're comfortable just renting a jeep and doing our thing.

Thanks for the advice! We fly to Orlando on Wednesday morning, to jump start our vacation!!! Super excited.

:D. Bobbi

I know you're looking at a resort to visit, but I just wanted to put in for a recommendation of a tour guide. His name is Peat Taylor. We did the Dunn River Falls hike, tubing down the river (don't remember which one), and the highlight of our tour was a visit to the Blue Hole. It's a local spot that cruise lines do not take visitors to. It was the most gorgeous place ever! Anyway, just wanted to tell you of our experience in Jamaica. I'm sure whatever you decide to do, you will have a great time. [emoji4]

Diana,

Thank you for sharing, that sounds like a memorable trip! I was shocked when my hubby said he wanted to just chill at a resort. We've never done that, unless of course we're on a land vacation!

But, hey, I'm good to go. He's working his butt off everyday this week, nonstop till Tuesday. So, right now chilling sounds extra nice, just what he needs. I know in Grand Cayman it's snorkeling time!

:). Bobbi