San Juan PR

liquorstore

We were there for our cruise in June and loved loved San Juan! We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on Cornado beach. It is located in a nice area and only a short walk to a beach/park. There were lots of resturants/stores and on Saturday there was a market in the park. The beach and area was very safe. Holiday inn included a nice breakfast and the staff was very friendly and helped with directions and taxis. The next morn they got us a taxi and we toured the two forts. We checked in on the ship and then walked to both forts and downtown areas. It was very hot but being from Texas its our normal summer day. I really enjoyed the music and food of San Juan. THe people are so friendly and respectful of us older people. I will never forget the music playing all nite and cars with the windows rolled down with lots of good times... Have fun.

I highly recommend a Bio Bay tour. It is in Fajardo but there are several companies that will provide transportation there. We've stayed in both Old San Juan and Condado. Our favorite is probably Old San Juan. Check out my 2 reviews below as both cover San Juan. You'll see our hotel reviews with photos as well as different ideas on what to do in San Juan. You'll love it there!

• 4 weeks later...
We were there for our cruise in June and loved loved San Juan! We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on Cornado beach. It is located in a nice area and only a short walk to a beach/park. There were lots of resturants/stores and on Saturday there was a market in the park. The beach and area was very safe. Holiday inn included a nice breakfast and the staff was very friendly and helped with directions and taxis. The next morn they got us a taxi and we toured the two forts. We checked in on the ship and then walked to both forts and downtown areas. It was very hot but being from Texas its our normal summer day. I really enjoyed the music and food of San Juan. THe people are so friendly and respectful of us older people. I will never forget the music playing all nite and cars with the windows rolled down with lots of good times... Have fun.

Thanks for your input. I am staying at this HIE in November:)....I have

sailed out of San Juan several times but it has been a few years since

my last cruise from there. Aren't there a good amount of restaurant

choices nearby this hotel? (For dinner?)