Live from Reflection!

ladylemondrop

Drum roll please.........

[ATTACH]360782[/ATTACH]

The Seafood Tower!! (Not exactly a tower but my husband said it was really really good) scallops, prawns, mussels...

Thanks for posting! Why in the world would they call this a seafood "Tower"?? I am glad it was to your liking and hopefully fresh, but 2 mussels, a few shrimp and a piece of lobster is not "towering" to me.

I can't tell by your photos, are the shrimp the standard watery translucent cruise ship shrimp... or are we talking another level here?

Thanks again for all of your input during your cruise.

Drum roll please.........

[ATTACH]360782[/ATTACH]

I can't tell by your photos, are the shrimp the standard watery translucent cruise ship shrimp... or are we talking another level here?

The cruise ship has nets that catch the shrimp during its voyage.;)

Seriously, I was told that the shrimp on board comes frozen as do nearly all of the meats and seafood that is served.

The cruise ship has nets that catch the shrimp during its voyage.;)

Seriously, I was told that the shrimp on board comes frozen as do nearly all of the meats and seafood that is served.

Ha! LOL

I am totally fine with frozen shrimp as most shrimp I eat is...even in NYC. It's the quality of the shrimp I am most interested in. I like a solid white shrimp w pink exterior that is meaty to the tooth. Those watery rubbery things are not worth it to me, ever.

And if Anthony Bourdain, who eats anything, won't touch a mussel bc of filth factor, I tend to pass on those too. :)

Seafood Tower -- Ha Ha Thats funny ;)

I can't for the life of me figure out why they name dishes as they do!

Another example is the seafood napoleon on the first night in BLU. It is a flat layer of cucumbers and seafood. Looks absolutely nothing like a napoleon which should be many layers. We laugh every time.

HI Louise, I was on the cruise with you and had the pleasure of meeting you and your husband at Cruise Critic party and other happenings. You gave a wonderful review with great pictures. The Reflection gave a wonderful cruise experience. I had only the classic beverage package and found it just fine, except I got tired of the same wine every day with not much choice.

Hope to see you on Celebrity again sometime!

Cheryl

So I am home - two things - I have a funny feeling in my stomach.....(hunger?!!) and second - I WILL HAVE TO COOK!!!! Nooooooooooooo!!!!! :eek::eek:

Hate this bit!! :D:D

Louise - It was great fun to follow along with you while you took your vacation through the Mediterranean. I especially enjoyed all the photos of food you provided and other shots of the ship and port destinations along the way. I was on the Reflection in 2013 for westbound transatlantic and will be returning in late 2016 for a short pre-winter Caribbean holiday after Thanksgiving has passed.

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide so much information and taking time to respond to questions and provide researched information as well. Way too kind of you, so many thanks!

Good luck with the "adjustment" you will be making now that you have arrived back home.

Walter

Louise - It was great fun to follow along with you while you took your vacation through the Mediterranean. I especially enjoyed all the photos of food you provided and other shots of the ship and port destinations along the way. I was on the Reflection in 2013 for westbound transatlantic and will be returning in late 2016 for a short pre-winter Caribbean holiday after Thanksgiving has passed.

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide so much information and taking time to respond to questions and provide researched information as well. Way too kind of you, so many thanks!

Good luck with the "adjustment" you will be making now that you have arrived back home.

Walter

Thank you Walter! I am struggling, but drinking through it! :D

Hi,

You said you went to Etna - how strenuous was that trip? Is it for the fit only or can people with limited mobility make it up there?

Thanks

Etna was a long way from the ship, and yes, quite strenuous, I am pretty fit and young (ish) but I found I was out of breath, and my legs felt it the next day!

Louise, quick question. What was the earliest you could leave the ship at the end of the cruise? I know the airport is an hour drive, on a good day, from the port. Our flights are at 12:30, which is probably cutting it close, but hoping it will work, since its the only direct flight available for us. Thanks again for all your info

Louise, quick question. What was the earliest you could leave the ship at the end of the cruise? I know the airport is an hour drive, on a good day, from the port. Our flights are at 12:30, which is probably cutting it close, but hoping it will work, since its the only direct flight available for us. Thanks again for all your info

Also on this sailing. Normal disembarkation is from 7am to 9:30. You will definitely be ok with the 7am departure.

But they say that it is possible to depart in a ten minute window from 5 to 5:10 but requires advance notice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Pavovsky

Ask for early disembarkation - 7:00 will be fine the airport is forty minute drive to an hour depending on traffic, but be attentive of your gate for departure - the computer screens were not updating the gate numbers and it was causing chaos! We only found our gate because we happened to be sitting at it by coincidence - the screen just said G (no number) even when we were boarding! Ask staff if no gate number appears... The airport is in a mess after the fire. If you want Gucci or Armani you'll be fine but not if you want actual flight info!