Live from Reflection!

ladylemondrop

wish they would just have the music on in the afternoon and have the morning as quiet time at the pool that would satisfy most people I think..........do other cruise lines have booming music at the pool?

we were fortunate enough on our reflection ta last year only to have loud music at the pool in the afternoons as I think there had been a few complaints at the start of the cruise by the blue rinse brigade.........

Relection is our least fav S class ship, because of certain issues with its size and layout, but mostly due to the excessively loud Miami style DJ music with drum, which caused folks to flee....I think Ref usually out of Miami is becoming the Celebrity party ship...with the loud DJ and drum, and the circular bar out back,

.btw...fyi.....I am .not a "blue rinse brigade "person...which is an unkind, ageist expression,

Louise, I am enjoying your posts, have a great cruise!

But the drink package is a big plus we upgraded to premium and we are loving it! [emoji175] Wine-o you will be happy to know we are getting our money's worth!![emoji16]

Service for drinks is excellent we are finding we don't need to wait at all to be served and they are easily finding us nice wines within our package limit. Along with frequent visits to cafe al Bacio and the bottled evian etc it's brilliant.

How much did it cost per day to upgrade to the premium package? Did you have the Classic package for free as part of a promo or FCC? How easy was it to upgrade?

How much did it cost per day to upgrade to the premium package? Did you have the Classic package for free as part of a promo or FCC? How easy was it to upgrade?

We had the classic package as part of a promo (123go) we upgraded onboard for $10 a day plus $1.80 gratuity so $11.80 per day, it was easy to do - any bar tender or waiter can do this (and guest relations) they put a sticker on your sea pass, away you go. With regard to drinks limits, for either package, we are finding the staff ask which package you have then find you a drink accordingly, to keep you within your package limit. We are drinking Clifford Bay Sauvignon blanc mostly but have been offered Chardonnays from cellar masters too. I think having the package is great, no signing for anything and no pondering if another drink is in the budget! Only downside is we have are going to be apprentice alcoholics by the time we disembark!

The wifi is so hit and miss so I am sorry if I am missing questions from you - please do ask away I will try to help!

Louise,

Thanks so much for the review. We did a similar cruise on Brilliance about 10 years ago and loved it! We will be on Reflection Nov 7th when she returns to Miami. Did you buy the internet package? Is it worth it? It seems like you are having some troubles with the wifi. Is this due to the ship dead spots or due to the satellite signal where you are? Can you get wifi in your cabin?

Thanks!

Rick

Today we were in magical Santorini - we began by hiking the volcano (yes more volcanos) then we swam in the thermal waters of the caldera. ImageUploadedByForums1440686960.433611.jpg.edd4706fd4666cddf3dacdfe61d5412e.jpg

Afterwards we went up the cable car to Thira, had a lovely Greek lunch and looked around all the lovely little shops. We then walked down a million steps with the donkey doo !! ImageUploadedByForums1440687114.220340.jpg.0e317726df65366f69bcbd3a13789fbb.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1440686850.315770.jpg.0d0ba28f32353ac8b1f38ceb82921b3a.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1440686928.750803.jpg.87c6cbf1e89c3045332b0eceeaa8c3f9.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1440686941.767829.jpg.88cf75011c7b65a3d4d5a4478dbfaa93.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1440687083.421627.jpg.c0ced9ea62cdc1c6941462c8652f091c.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1440687099.650977.jpg.8c9cce7928de33fce9af150587ad3c6e.jpg

Edited by louise1809

Tonight they have an ultimate BBQ on the lawn deck, also a Grasstonbury music event where they are playing Springsteen, Alanis morrissette etc.. Lindsay Hamilton is the star cabaret this evening she is very popular on Celebrity so we will go to the show!

Today we were in magical Santorini - we began by hiking the volcano (yes more volcanos) then we swam in the thermal waters of the caldera. [ATTACH]360497[/ATTACH][ATTACH]360498[/ATTACH][ATTACH]360499[/ATTACH]

Afterwards we went up the cable car to Thira, had a lovely Greek lunch and looked around all the lovely little shops. We then walked down a million steps with the donkey doo !! [ATTACH]360500[/ATTACH][ATTACH]360501[/ATTACH][ATTACH]360502[/ATTACH]

How many other ships were in port in Santorini and how long was the wait up and down on the cable car? Keep hearing horror stories of 2-hour waits and unfortunately there are 4-5 ships the day we are there on October 8th.