Boston needs a new Ship

nativenewyorker

We have sailed the NCL Dawn several times..and loved it. I would like to see a new ship come to Boston to do the Bermuda run. Anyone else feel the same? Time for a change.

As they say, variety is the spice of life. The Dawn isn't the only ship NCL has, and Boston isn't the only port from which they sail. Put aside your excuses...get out of your comfort zone (rut) and try some of the other options available.

If you find yourself bored because you sail the same itinerary, on the same ship, from the same port, over and over again, you only have yourself to blame.

We have sailed the NCL Dawn several times..and loved it. I would like to see a new ship come to Boston to do the Bermuda run. Anyone else feel the same? Time for a change.

I am with you! Bring another ship to Boston. Dawn is okay but I would also like a change. We do the repo cruise on the dawn each fall and would like to have different ship to explore.

As they say, variety is the spice of life. The Dawn isn't the only ship NCL has, and Boston isn't the only port from which they sail. Put aside your excuses...get out of your comfort zone (rut) and try some of the other options available.

If you find yourself bored because you sail the same itinerary, on the same ship, from the same port, over and over again, you only have yourself to blame.

This is on the money!

I am with you! Bring another ship to Boston. Dawn is okay but I would also like a change. We do the repo cruise on the dawn each fall and would like to have different ship to explore.

I disagree, I think Florida which is the tourist capital of the United States should get all the new ships.

SeaShark..NO excuses here. We have sailed all options from Boston and beyond. We don't have a comfort zone. Just sailed to the Caribbean from Bayonne 2 weeks ago so not in a rut or sail the same itinerary to the same places or ports. Not bored..just would like to see a new NCL ship in Boston...that is all I was saying.

Why not not give Boston a different ship NCL has more, Dawns been here to long already.

We live in MA, but have not limited ourselves to sailing just out of Boston, by any means (actually have only done that twice so far after taking 15 cruises), however, I also think it's time NCL puts another ship in Boston for the Bermuda & Canada runs. I'd like to see the GEM myself.

Edited by CRUZIN'NANA

That makes no sense. Drive an Extra 5 hours to the next port that goes to Bermuda ( N.Y.) .Pay double the parking fee. pay more in port fee's and Breakaway cost more too. + a hotel if you come in a day early.

Why pay more for something NOT in your comfort Zone???

Why not not give Boston a different ship NCL has more, Dawns been here to long already.

The real question is WHY give Boston a new ship? What would be the business reasons that NCL uses to justify that decision?

Your signature speaks volumes...time to sail away from that safe harbor.

FWIW...Have you considered that by leaving one ship assigned to the port they they are hoping the repetition of it will drive you to try new ships from new ports? :cool:

That makes no sense. Drive an Extra 5 hours to the next port that goes to Bermuda ( N.Y.) .Pay double the parking fee. pay more in port fee's and Breakaway cost more too. + a hotel if you come in a day early.

Why pay more for something NOT in your comfort Zone???

You've got good reasons (excuses) for staying in Boston. Stay the course or change it up...the decision is YOURS and YOU will reap the benefits of that decision.

Maybe MLB should change the teams around every couple of seasons so you're not always stuck seeing Red Sox games. Next year the Marlins will be your home team. :rolleyes:

The real question is WHY give Boston a new ship? What would be the business reasons that NCL uses to justify that decision?

FWIW...Have you considered that by leaving one ship assigned to the port they they are hoping the repetition of it will drive you to try new ships from new ports? :cool:

Look at my Sig. Zero $ for NCL this year would be a business reason.

I'm not the only one.

Wait till N.E./ Canada run's start and FDR can't fill the ship.

Edited by biker@sea

Look at my Sig. Zero $ for NCL this year would be a business reason.

I'm not the only one.

I'm not sure that any one person's signature qualifies as a business reason.

• There are PLENTY of people in the Boston Metro Area who have never cruised.

• There are PLENTY of people in the Boston Metro Area who have cruised, but not on NCL.

• The ship is not losing money.

There is no "big picture" problem here, NCL isn't going to change ships or itineraries just because of "small picture" views.

We have.

I'm not sure that any one person's signature qualifies as a business reason.

• There are PLENTY of people in the Boston Metro Area who have never cruised.

• There are PLENTY of people in the Boston Metro Area who have cruised, but not on NCL.

• The ship is not losing money.

There is no "big picture" problem here, NCL isn't going to change ships or itineraries just because of "small picture" views.

In the Big Picture HAL is town now.. Boston to Bermuda NCL Never had competition to deal with here before and Royal is doing Boston to Fl. Repo's from here now too.

Same old, Same Old may not work for Dawn much longer.:eek:

http://bostoncruiseguide.com/repositioning.html

Edited by biker@sea

In the Big Picture HAL is town now.. Boston to Bermuda NCL Never had competition to deal with here before and Royal is doing Boston to Fl. Repo's from here now too.

Same old, Same Old may not work for Dawn much longer.:eek:

The reason that HAL and Royal are in town is because there is market demand...more than enough for NCL and the Dawn.

IMHO I wouldn't consider HAL to be competition...these lines serve a very different market segment with limited crossover.

Royal is Royal...if that's your thing, so be it. I believe there should be something for everyone.

...Not that I'm seeing HAL or Royal in your signature. :rolleyes:

You can try to convince me all day...but in the end, I'll stick with we are responsible for our own choices...there are many more flavors than vanilla.

NCL does not need to change the ship so much as very the itinerary. The Dawn sails to and from Bermuda every week during the summer. All well and good. We love Bermuda.

Why not port another ship here on a different day to take us elsewhere? HAL is ported here now, but it too goes to Bermuda.

"I'm not the only one.

Wait till N.E./ Canada run's start and FDR can't fill the ship."

I hate to disappoint you, but there is very little room left on all 4 of these cruises for both this year and next.

The only thing that might be skewing the numbers (and this can happen with any cruise) is the large TA's that blocked out rooms and have yet to sell them- and could turn them in at the last minute.

"I'm not the only one.

I hate to disappoint you, but there is very little room left on all 4 of these cruises for both this year and next.

The only thing that might be skewing the numbers (and this can happen with any cruise) is the large TA's that blocked out rooms and have yet to sell them- and could turn them in at the last minute.

Yup That's what they make it look like. Looked the same last year Too.

Then last minute they had to sell Mid ship Balconys for $199 PP Trying to fill Dawn.

I know I got one. :D

Edited by biker@sea

"I'm not the only one.

Next year maybe. Unsold cabins that TAs are holding for this year would have already been released by now for the NE/Canada cruises.

I would like to see a different ship and different itinerary from Boston. It is so nice to be able to sail from a port close to home and not have to fly! Being a solo traveller much of the time, sometimes the added cost of a flight pushes a cruise vacation out of the budget.