Final payment - why so far from the sail date?

Hflors

Could you expand on this? I'm not sure if you mean that the card provided you a means of getting around the final payment issue.

I didn't have cruise payments in mind when I asked them how long I had to file a buyer complaint. This policy was before we could download credit card information from the internet.

I didn't have cruise payments in mind when I asked them how long I had to file a buyer complaint. This policy was before we could download credit card information from the internet.

Ah. Thanks for getting back to us and clarifying. Cheers! :)

The final payment date depends on the itinerary:

Grand World; Grand Voyages; any Segment of a Grand World or Grand Voyage; 29-50 day Hawaii, Tahiti & Marquesas; Incan Empires; Amazon Explorer; 30+ day Europe Transatlantic or any segment of a 30+ day Europe Transatlantic sailing; Africa Explorer and Far East Explorer

The Grand cruises also offer a 3% discount off the fare if fully paid 6 months in advance, at least on the full cruises, not sure about segments. The 3% discount is well worth the early payment!

We used to have a credit card that gave us 90 days to file a complaint to reverse the charges.

Also, once final payment is done, you lose your price drop power. We're more familiar w/ Royal Caribbean and Celebrity, but they don't honor price drops after final payment. Sometimes they'll let you upgrade, but no price drops on the room booked.

Please post if HAL is different from Royal Caribbean.

HAL does not usually honor a price drop after final payment but often will provide additional OBC or occasionally an upgraded cabin.

Hello "CaveDiving"

thanks for reading my post – but my world cruise is not with HAL – but with the German based Phoenix Reisen i.e. Ms Artania:)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Reisen

If you also look to my cruise-ticker signature, you will see it;)

Happy cruising

G E R D

Edited by Gerd

Hi,

Could you please explain how to make a plane reservation a year in advance. I have only been able to do it about 10 months in advance.

Could you please explain exactly which HAL World Cruise it is that is leaving on Dec. 22.

Thanks, Scott & Karen

Here is what is listed under their signature:

Ms Artania - 140 days Grand World Voyage

Could you please explain how to make a plane reservation a year in advance. I have only been able to do it about 10 months in advance.

It may vary from airline to airline. I use British Airways as I am based in London. Their booking systems permits reservation 355 days in advance.

Also worth knowing the policy for your individual airline, especially if you are trying to redeem miles for the ticket. By the time I wait to 11 months out, the rewards seats on certain favourite long-jaul routes may all be gone.

Edited by JohnKen3

Hi,

I've been able to book flights 355 days in advance of the return flight. I have booked business class flights on points which requires booking as soon as the flights are available, since so few business class seats are available for booking with points.

I suspect that the 10 month time frame that you have found depends more on that particular airline's timing to load their schedules into their reservation system but that's a guess on my part. Either that, or it's different in Canada.

Sorry, I hadn't read JohnKen's response before posting.

Edited by Alberta Quilter