Naughty room tips...

flyboyswife

I wonder if this has changed? I carry a pocket knife with me almost all the time, exception when I fly. I looked at their restrictions, and found the information below. I actually have a printout that I carry with our cruise documents to show security. About one out of every ten times security will question it when we are boarding (embarkation and ports), but after looking a the printout and measuring, they always leave it with me.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2261/~/restricted-items-list

"Knives with blades longer than four (4) inches ( Recreational dive knives are allowed but must be held in the custody of the Guest Services Manager or Chief Security Officer and must be checked out/in by the owner for dive excursions during the cruise.)"

I am not sure how they landed on this as a rule, but they do abide by it.

We are going on Royal next, they do not have this same exception, so no pocket knife this time.

FYI, I am 54 and have not been in a fight since high school. I don't carry it for protection, per say, I do use it probably twice a day for something. Honestly my wife finds need of it more than I do.

I think this was on another cruise line, but they took a small folding knife that uses a replaceable utility-knife blade as its blade. These blades are only about 3" total and almost half of that is covered by the part that holds it. They said I'd get it back but they couldn't find it when we disembarked.

Recently I visited a courthouse to attend a wedding. I put my keys in the tray to go through the metal detector and he sees my can opener on my keyring. You know, the little folding one that used to come in military food packs. I think they called it a P-38. It has a point and a sharpened edge about one-half inch long.

File:P-38_Can_Opener.jpg

He says I can't enter the building with that "blade". I should have asked to see a supervisor, but my kids were with me and she hates to see Dad make a scene. I just tossed it in the trash.

I think this was on another cruise line, but they took a small folding knife that uses a replaceable utility-knife blade as its blade. These blades are only about 3" total and almost half of that is covered by the part that holds it. They said I'd get it back but they couldn't find it when we disembarked.

Recently I visited a courthouse to attend a wedding. I put my keys in the tray to go through the metal detector and he sees my can opener on my keyring. You know, the little folding one that used to come in military food packs. I think they called it a P-38. It has a point and a sharpened edge about one-half inch long.

He says I can't enter the building with that "blade". I should have asked to see a supervisor, but my kids were with me and she hates to see Dad make a scene. I just tossed it in the trash.

Yes, it's a P-38 used to open K rations.

I think it's a great plan. The rules are clear, and so the punishment should be just. Giving back you booze after you try to smuggle it is only a slap on the wrist, and with the "huge" number of people, and drunken behavior on Carnival ships these days, it's about time that Carnival is stepping up, and doing the right thing.

The Cheers program is the cause of any drunken behavior. The only reason to try to stop bringing alcohol onboard is to make more money. Our success rate has been 100% in bringing alcohol onboard. I do not see anything changing that would affect this success. We have also never had a problem refilling at the ports.

I always do a "shakedown" of my husband regarding any kind of knife etc. that he may have on him right before existing our car before a cruise. On our Elation cruise last November, we went through security & the employees there scanned his carry-on bag and kept calling other security personnel to take a look at the scanner. He forgot that he had bullets in his shaving kit - 3 bullets.

So we spent about 40 minutes in the security office answering quite a few questions. Even the head of the ship's security department came in to ask questions. I will say that all the personnel involved were very nice, polite & professional. The reason my husband was in possession of the bullets was pretty innocuous but now I have another banned category to check before each cruise.

The Cheers program is the cause of any drunken behavior. The only reason to try to stop bringing alcohol onboard is to make more money. Our success rate has been 100% in bringing alcohol onboard. I do not see anything changing that would affect this success. We have also never had a problem refilling at the ports.

I did read the whole thread, but I do want to clarify the refilling comment since we have never attempted to bring anything on board in ports other than embarkation ports.

The allowed limits are good at each and every port? I can buy a bottle of wine at each port and carry it on (and 12 cans of soda or water)?

I'm sure there is plenty of disorderly behavior by those buying as they go, as well as by those buying Cheers.

I did read the whole thread, but I do want to clarify the refilling comment since we have never attempted to bring anything on board in ports other than embarkation ports.

The allowed limits are good at each and every port? I can buy a bottle of wine at each port and carry it on (and 12 cans of soda or water)?

I'm sure there is plenty of disorderly behavior by those buying as they go, as well as by those buying Cheers.

Alcohol is only at port of embarkation. Soda/water is at any port (unless the rules on that have changed).

Alcohol is only at port of embarkation. Soda/water is at any port (unless the rules on that have changed).

Looks like that rule has changed. No sodas/water/etc. allowed on board at ports of call.

Ports of Call

All alcohol purchased in ports of call will be returned on the morning of debarkation. Non-alcoholic beverages are not permitted onboard and such items will be confiscated and discarded and no compensation will be provided.

Really? lets get real.

"I am waiting for them to get tired of all the smugglers and have them get off my ship clause! Boot people and they will think twice about breaking the rules. If someone loses a cruise or 2 they may learn the lesson not to do stupid things. Suite upgrades anyone? "

Then they should do the same for anyone that breaks any of the rules. Oh we sent you a e-mail that boarding is 1-3, and you got here at 10. No cruise for you. My son is currently on a cruise, he read that he could not take bottles, so he brought a 12 pack of soda(cans). He did not know that it had to be in his carry-on. He also had his hands full bringing on their 1 year old. They took away his soda and he will not get it back. Some people make honest mistakes. Should we throw them all off? By the way, I do not drink, but I am tolerant of those who do.

I am not talking about honest mistakes. I am talking about smuggling rum runners filled with booze, it is not a HONEST mistake. That person(s) has zero rights in my book. They would be booted on the first cruise and then banned for life for any additional times. Would anyone be stupid enough to lose a paid suite or any nice room to save a few bucks on booze? If so I will be the first person to upgrade.

I am not talking about honest mistakes. I am talking about smuggling rum runners filled with booze, it is not a HONEST mistake. That person(s) has zero rights in my book. They would be booted on the first cruise and then banned for life for any additional times. Would anyone be stupid enough to lose a paid suite or any nice room to save a few bucks on booze? If so I will be the first person to upgrade.

Lol. That is just plain silly. Why not just upgrade now if you don't care about "saving a few bucks on a cruise"?

It is ridiculous to think that Carnival would give up on ALL potential on board purchases because someone poured 11$ vodka into a mouthwash bottle. Get real.

Lol. That is just plain silly. Why not just upgrade now if you don't care about "saving a few bucks on a cruise"?

It is ridiculous to think that Carnival would give up on ALL potential on board purchases because someone poured 11$ vodka into a mouthwash bottle. Get real.

Agreed. I bring on wine like I'm supposed to, and I have smuggled booze onto cruise ships before, and still ended up with a pretty hefty bar bill at the end. It doesn't replace what we drink but it's nice to have a cocktail before dinner in our room. The last cruise I was on was a b2b (21 days) and I actually didn't smuggle on anything and I just chose not to drink as much.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Looks like that rule has changed. No sodas/water/etc. allowed on board at ports of call.

Ports of Call

All alcohol purchased in ports of call will be returned on the morning of debarkation. Non-alcoholic beverages are not permitted onboard and such items will be confiscated and discarded and no compensation will be provided.

thank you

Ports of Call

Thanks for the update.

They don't need to to it to everyone on a cruise. Just 2 or 3 cabins and then wait for the screaming here on CC. That would take care of the rest. ;)

Imagine what a cruise would be like if all the people who think smugglers should be thrown off the ship also thought chair savers should be thrown off too. I might actually be able to get a lounger by the pool.

Imagine what a cruise would be like if all the people who think smugglers should be thrown off the ship also thought chair savers should be thrown off too. I might actually be able to get a lounger by the pool.

HERE, HERE!! LOL.....I'm with you!!

Carried a P-38 for years. Still had C and K rations when I was in the military. They were just getting the freeze dried MRE's when I was getting out. Ridiculous they made you throw out a tiny P-38 can opener.

I am waiting for them to get tired of all the smugglers and have them get off my ship clause! Boot people and they will think twice about breaking the rules. If someone loses a cruise or 2 they may learn the lesson not to do stupid things. Suite upgrades anyone?

Why is that something you hope happens? That's weird. I have no intention of smuggling, but certainly don't wish people who do are kicked off the ship:confused:

I have never had this experience, but I would go with shock. "Who put that in there" "That isn't mine" "Someone has been messing with my luggage" "Where are my wife's diamonds?"

Although it sounds like they don't call you down anymore.

Haha, love it. If I ever decide to smuggle I will use all of those lines.

Why is that something you hope happens? That's weird. I have no intention of smuggling, but certainly don't wish people who do are kicked off the ship:confused:

Agreed! Why do people care so much about what happens to others who "break the rules about booze?" There are a ton of annoying people aboard any given ship that didn't smuggle in booze, but do other things to break the "rules." That's none of my business though.

Agreed! Why do people care so much about what happens to others who "break the rules about booze?" There are a ton of annoying people aboard any given ship that didn't smuggle in booze, but do other things to break the "rules." That's none of my business though.

the reason you cant bring bottled beverages or water on carnival anymore is due to the smugglers. so it affect the non smugglers as well

the reason you cant bring bottled beverages or water on carnival anymore is due to the smugglers. so it affect the non smugglers as well

I never smuggled anything on like that. I've only done the initial embarkation and it wasn't ever even a fifth of a bottle and I've still always had a big bar bill. I understand why they do what they do. They are losing money, but they won't ban the offended. They'll just throw away their stuff and keep taking their money.